Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
It's a matter of taste. Personally, I think that vintage splatter paint jobs are still splatter paint jobs. It looks better without it, I'd say.

·
Go SOLAR...
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep the old Onza's....i forget what bar I had. I think it was a Scott it had bar ends incorporated into the bar.

·
Premium Member
8,757 Posts
It wasn't fugly. That was a nice era in vintage bike colors. Who didn't love Tomac in neon?

What is Rubio's? Is that the fish tacos place?

·
VRC Illuminati
17,650 Posts
uphiller said:
It's a matter of taste. Personally, I think that vintage splatter paint jobs are still splatter paint jobs. It looks better without it, I'd say.
Shouldn't have been splatter unless it was custom...

The bike should look like this:

·
skeet, skeet, skeet
77 Posts
sfgirlonbike said:
What is Rubio's? Is that the fish tacos place?
The original and still the best.

·
Go SOLAR...
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dude this was done back in 94' or 93'..... Wasn't done yesterday.

Rubios fish tacos....we were young and liked the place...a lot. So we all had stickers, we liked to think we were sponsored by them...:)

·
Go SOLAR...
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can only wish I could find one to buy again....if anyone has a lead, please let me know

·
defender of bad taste
1,600 Posts
larlev said:
I can only wish I could find one to buy again....if anyone has a lead, please let me know
It's called eBay, it's like this amazing on-line marketplace where you can buy and sell most anything.

M2s aren't particularly rare, though you'll be lucky to find one like the beautiful example shown above ( I don't mean yours). Of course if you want to strip that "ugly" paint off you won't care about the condition.

Interesting choice of cranks and pedals - were you trying to put together the most warranty-issue prone drivetrain possible.

EDIT: Loving the VW Fox in the background - wish I still had mine, cheap on gas and handling like a go-kart.

·
Go SOLAR...
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mechagouki said:
It's called eBay, it's like this amazing on-line marketplace where you can buy and sell most anything.

M2s aren't particularly rare, though you'll be lucky to find one like the beautiful example shown above ( I don't mean yours). Of course if you want to strip that "ugly" paint off you won't care about the condition.

Interesting choice of cranks and pedals - were you trying to put together the most warranty-issue prone drivetrain possible.

EDIT: Loving the VW Fox in the background - wish I still had mine, cheap on gas and handling like a go-kart.
Once again for the short bus people like yourself ...this bike was done damn near twenty years ago....you think I new anything about drivetrain issues(it worked just fine after yrs and yrs of abuse) or keeping original paint. This was my FIRST bike...we didn't have the Internet to ask experts like yourself.....good lord dude.

Damn you are a smart fella...thanks for the ebay tip. I didn't even think of that over the past 2 yrs.

Having you around is such a blessing...thanks for the response

1 - 20 of 36 Posts