Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Specialized Enduro Expert and want to upgrade the rear shock. I do alot of 2-4ft drops and need something fairly beefey.... any suggestions should I go Coil or Air???

Cost is not an issue

·
Registered
294 Posts
dfrancefort said:
I have a 2002 Specialized Enduro Expert and want to upgrade the rear shock. I do alot of 2-4ft drops and need something fairly beefey.... any suggestions should I go Coil or Air???

Cost is not an issue
When you say "I do alot of 2-4ft drops", does that mean that you are doing those multiple times, everytime you ride? If so, then I would highly suggest a coil just because I think it will serve you better in the long run. If the shock is constantly taking the abuse (I use the word "abuse" very freely here) of 2-4ft drops, then I feel a coil would be more reliable as well. An air shock would probably work, but I doubt you are going to keep your limit at 4ft. You will start sneeking those 5 footers in, then maybe a 6 footer every now and agian...then, before you know it, you are droping 10 footers no problem. If you start with a coil, I think you would be better off. If you can find a used (not sure if they still make them, i'm sure they do, but might not) Fox Vanilla RC, I have heard great things about that shock

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.