Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be careful going down West Ridge Trail! Two cops were out yesterday looking to bust bikers. WTF?

I heard from Forrest that a mountain biker hit someone out there recently? Anyone know anything?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Katana said:
and are they using Radar?

One incident can ruin it for all others....

everyone, don't ride over your head, stay safe...keep it fun.
Near the bottom of West Ridge where it gets steep. There was one Regional Park Police 4x4 at the top of that section and another in the middle - pulled off to the side of the trail, in the brush, so you couldn't see them from afar.

I *think* they had radar - but honestly, I was so surprised to see them, I just kept moving and didn't stare too much.

I saw Forrest last night and told him about the 5-0 being out there. He said something about a MTB'r hitting a lady with a stroller (!!) recently.

Not good.
 

·
Feeling a little taller
Joined
·
6,705 Posts
mrpercussive said:
dang... that sux big time... was the lady with stroller ok???
does this mean we're supposed to be riding 5mph???
Posted speed limit is 15mph in most places, 5mph around blind corners, etc.

We were riding right about 15mph when we passed the speed trap and they didn't say/do anything. We also said "hi" to the couple of hikers that were right there on the trail in front of the police truck.

I have to believe that if we were not experienced riders, riding very conservatively as we went by, we might have had some problems.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dan'ger said:
Posted speed limit is 15mph in most places, 5mph around blind corners, etc.

We were riding right about 15mph when we passed the speed trap and they didn't say/do anything. We also said "hi" to the couple of hikers that were right there on the trail in front of the police truck.

I have to believe that if we were not experienced riders, riding very conservatively as we went by, we might have had some problems.
Basically, we got lucky. There were hikers in the trail, causing us to slow down. The Po-Po were off to the side and somewhat hidden - we would have blazed past them if it hadn't been for the hikers.

So... does anyone have info on the lady that got hit, or what??
 

·
3.14159265358979323846…
Joined
·
2,847 Posts
never meanin' no harm...

I sure do miss riding with y'all as much as I did, but I gotta say... i feel pretty lucky riding where I do... come on up and ride with me some saturday.... I promise no speed traps!

Chuck, you muckraker you... Ted nuggent said he's getting a pick up and may want to shuttle in a few weeks! In the meantime... come on up so I can show you some newly discovered XC sauce.
 

Attachments

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
velocipus said:
I sure do miss riding with y'all as much as I did, but I gotta say... i feel pretty lucky riding where I do... come on up and ride with me some saturday.... I promise no speed traps!

Chuck, you muckraker you... Ted nuggent said he's getting a pick up and may want to shuttle in a few weeks! In the meantime... come on up so I can show you some newly discovered XC sauce.
I might be able to do this weekend. Wuz planning on riding Marin, but I jes might be able to turn this rig around and head up to Napa instead.

Are you gunna let us hit that slippery bridge this time?
 

·
3.14159265358979323846…
Joined
·
2,847 Posts
imridingmybike said:
I might be able to do this weekend. Wuz planning on riding Marin, but I jes might be able to turn this rig around and head up to Napa instead.

Are you gunna let us hit that slippery bridge this time?
been doind a lot of exploring lately so I haven't been back to the bridge. I doubt it's very slippery at this point... just missing boards if no-one's fixed it.

The college just announced plans to build houses on top of that dry pond jump we were hittin'... rumors that they're gonna take out some of that singletrack too. ride it while you can!
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top