Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after a great ride at lynn woods today, a few of us, mostly me, were taking some measurements on my 2001 tracer and a friends 2002. according to the serial numbers on the frames, his is medium 2002, mine is small 2001. However, the seat tube length on both of our frames was 18.5". his top tube was about an inch longer, same with his down tube. my bike actally had a little less standover, which could have been due to front fork. According to the 2002 spec sheet, small was 16", medium 18". was sizing different in 2001? Just curious as the bike fits me great, regardless of what size the frame is, I've never been more happily positioned on a mountain bike than this one.

El Gato

·
customized
3,123 Posts
Here is the low down on Tracer sizing. They took thier measurements based off top tube length. They don't measure frame size like the rest of the world. The seat tube on both the small and the medium is the same length. On the large the seattube grows a bit for obvious reasons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.