Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
biking is fun
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, been gone from this forum for a few years since I had jacked my wrist. 2 years later and I got surgery so hoping to get another hardtail built up. This time it will be used mostly for a backyard pumptrack

My questions are hopefully not too stupid, I have been out of it for 2 years so im not up to date on current frames. This is for a frame only too, Don't want a complete since i have a ton of extra parts. I would probably only need to buy cranks, frame, and fork. I have the rest.

Here is what I want out of the bike

26" wheels - I have a nice wheelset sitting around that I could use on it

shortish chainstays - just sub 15.5 would work

English BB - not a must but i prefer mtb style cranks. This is flexible

And now perhaps the hardest of the problems

I need the bike to work for me, my wife, and anyone else who wants to come over and ride. So something that will work for someone who is 5'4 up to 6'0. Thinking something with a 22" top tube or so

Any suggestions for these? I know its a lot but hopefully something would work

I would either buy used or my friends who own a bike shop said they could order one for me at their cost through BTI or QBP (so NS, Spank, etc)

Right now looking at either a used NS suburban or Traffic

·
biking is fun
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys

Not a fan of atomlab bikes and even more so their customer service

Don't really want to wait til april. We are building the pumptrack over the next few weeks hopefully. We all want to train for the upcoming DH races that start in may. The sooner we start the better.

The superco's are extremely nice. They are also extremely expensive. Im hoping to get the whole thing built for under $600 (since i already have the wheels, brakes, pedals, bars, stem, grips, and saddle.

This will be a somewhat budget build but hopefully it will be somewhat nice still since i already have nice stuff going on it

·
Registered
374 Posts
Not positive on the GEO but there have been a few good deals on chainlove recently, from completes to a Kona Shonky* frame for like 180? maybe it was 280? Dunno the specifics and dunno if you want them but you might check it out.

I think the MSRP on the new specialized P frame is pretty reasonable, if you can get a hold of one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.