Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking into buying a shore bike, i only weigh 120 pounds and parts breaking arent an issue. Which bike do you think would be better for me, a norco manik, or any other shore bikes in the price range of 1500 canadian

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
wakeboy21 said:
im looking into buying a shore bike, i only weigh 120 pounds and parts breaking arent an issue. Which bike do you think would be better for me, a norco manik, or any other shore bikes in the price range of 1500 canadian
Norco, cheaper, and you don't need a heavy duty bike, like shocks that take a beating cause at 120, that is almost too light.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Shore?

rzozaya1969 said:
What's a Shore bike?
Up here in Canada, shore refers to the North Shore,Vancouver where freeriding was practically invented. It has numerous trails descending through old growth forest with many natural and man made stunts.Many of the top names in freeriding honed their skills on the shore. Also the testing grounds of Norco and Brodie bikes. FSR

·
Registered
158 Posts
wakeboy21 said:
thanks for your input! the bike i am looking at from specialized is a rockhopper pro
For the shore a Norco hardtail is going to be much better because it has slacker head angles. Norco was the first manufacturer to use slack head angles (except for some DH race bikes). The slacker head angle is much better in the steeps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
THANKS! I was also looking into a p.2, but i was debating if i would need more than 8 gears for shore. And plus the fork has very little travel, should this bike be considered?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.