Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some conversation on these two bike brands and models. Just
wandering if anyone has considered these two brands and models and their likes and dislikes. I grabbed up 3 Mtb mags today none of which helped out on this issue. I am leaning toward the stumpy but haven't put down any $$$ yet. Thanks,
Aaron.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I can't believe that someone just started this. I just looked at the trance and possibly the reign. I was actually leaning towards the SJ Expert but now don't know what to do. It seems that I can get a pretty good price on the Trance or Reign now or wait till spring when lbs gets the stumpy in. I hope there are plenty of replies.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have owned 2 SJ and have had awsome luck with both of them. I just bought an 07 SJ Expert. Awsome bike. The fox fork is great and the brain technology is awsome. The SJ climes like a goat and fly's down hill. You never feel out of controle with this bike. My vote goes to the Specialized Stumpy.

Chris

·
Registered
44 Posts
spot on !!!!

I am thinking of getting my first FS bike...
I am 60-40 between trance and stumpjumper comp.

After a lot of research I have found out that

1) the trance suspension is more efficient. It doesn't need a propedal system. The stumpjumper needs brain which is now installed in almost all stumpjumpers. The Triad on
the comp model also performs less then optimal....

2) Trance is heavy though....frame with shock is around 7lbs which is too much for 4" of travel

3) Trance frame gets damaged by cable rubbing :madman:

what do you think????

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am really having a hard time making the decision. I can get a really good deal on a trance 0, but no lbs who sells them, where I can get a lbs SJ Expert but not such a good deal. I guess the lbs could work on the trance, but just wish I could get a better deal on the Stumpy. especially since I will probably buy two (one for my wife also).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.