Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New from Specialized:

haha just kidding...

but seriously, i was talking to my buddy mike a few days ago, and he was looking for a new bike. He loved the SX trail, but thought the biggest downside of it was the seattube... couldn't specialized easily just cut down the seattube as shown and get that useless piece of metal out of the way? i think it looks nicer like this too, it cleans up the lines more...

·
UNDEAD
485 Posts
Why?
For bottoming reasons?

Cut the seatpost and go nuts....I've got no problems, never bottomed it
proper adjustments may also help.

I'm sure that little peak on the seat tube provides some kind of grip/strength otherwise it would not be there
The bike is sick....a concern like that would quickly disappear upon riding the rig

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I think that if they even think of touching the SX Trail, they should do mine. Shortened, and a Demos top tube.

Now that I think about it. Yours could be passed off as a fully trials bike.

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
perhaps for seatpost clamp reasons and to strengthen the seat tube when extended... it is a trail bike... raising and lowering seatpost option is pretty much a must... though i guess you could cut it down without hurting the frames strengh... just wont have much of a seat...

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
mrpercussive said:
perhaps for seatpost clamp reasons and to strengthen the seat tube when extended... it is a trail bike... raising and lowering seatpost option is pretty much a must... though i guess you could cut it down without hurting the frames strengh... just wont have much of a seat...
read "slopestyle concept"

that concept looks pretty good. low standover is deff a big plus.

·
Bum Buzzer
1,992 Posts
I believe you would have a tire in your asscrack ass the seat will impede the wheel; also the seat-'tube' could easily snap off - that little widget provides enormous amount of strenght to that juncture.

(IE - land on the seat - snappy - bye bye!)

·
Registered
293 Posts
well I'd say you've just photoshopped an SX-T too look like a bike that Specialized already make. Soo much so, that its what Berrecloth uses already. The Enduro SX, the one designed to be a 4X bike. Search for some photos from his invitational event, you'll see he's riding one there.
Nice PSP work though ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.