Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you used the Specialized sunglasses with the lenses that get lighter or darker depending on the light conditions? How well do they work?

·
Vaginatarian
5,685 Posts
I've been using them since spring, little bit of fogging during extreme conditions (high humidity in summer, wearing a balaclava in winter, mostly while standing) but no worse than any others, other than that, highly recommend. I used them last Sat in NH ,grey & overcast 27 degrees, seems to make darker days brighter

·
Registered
497 Posts
Tifosi have models that do the same thing for less than half the price. I haven't used them, but do have two pairs of their other sunglasses and am impressed with lense quality and comfort. A more relaxed style to Specialized racer look. Just throwing this out there. Good luck.

http://www.tifosioptics.com/2006/2006_p1-2.pdf

·
Registered
697 Posts
I have a set of the MTB variety. They have worked great for me on the trail. They fit well and do not move around on my face. When I use them on the road, the tint is not quite dark enough (the road versions have darker tints).

·
Vigilante Trail Groomer
155 Posts
Who makes the glasses for Specialized? They don't make their own bikes so they sure as hell aren't going to make sunglasses.

·
telemarc
293 Posts
Get transition lenses installed in a pair of sunglass frames. They go from clear to fully dark 10 times faster than the Specialized glasses. 130.00 canadian. Available at ant perscription glass shop. Mine are Zero perscription .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts