Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking at the Specialized Stumpjumper or the Fuse for my teenager. This would be a bike that is ok to outgrow as both the wife could ride and his younger brother would (hopefully) use when he gets older.

I like the larger tires on the Fuse but also like the stability of the full suspension on the Stumpjumper. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
34 Posts
With the bike being possibly used for multiple riders and for more than a few seasons, I’d go with the Fuse. Much less demanding maintenance schedule and not as many variables when setting it up for different riders.

However, if you think the full sus bike is necessary for all the folks who plan to ride it and you don’t mind the extra fuss or cost of keeping it tuned up and set up for different riders then have at it.

·
Ariolimax columbianus
1,626 Posts
Fuse's good for all around, trails around here, and Santa Cruz area, even parts of Sierra too if you ride within your ability. Hardtail's also a great tool for the local pump tracks. Also agree w/easier maintenance comments of a hardtail.

SJ better if they want comfort, maybe safer ride, or if they really wanna open it up on some of the more aggressive trails.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.