·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
105 Posts
aztec said:
well guys am new at mountain biking and i just bought a new bike today a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR i went riding the same day and i noticed my bike makes a funky clicking sound and it changes gears i dont know if its a big problem or just some adjustments.
Sounds like it could be ghost-shifting. Just take it to your bike shop where you bought it and tell them the problem. They should be able to fix it for you. There are a few things that can cause it like; cable is too short so not enough slack around bb, etc. etc. but none are permanent. Just needs fixing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info guys.

linkbeat said:
Sounds like it could be ghost-shifting. Just take it to your bike shop where you bought it and tell them the problem. They should be able to fix it for you. There are a few things that can cause it like; cable is too short so not enough slack around bb, etc. etc. but none are permanent. Just needs fixing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It does sound like a set up problem, but also be aware that it will start shifting badly again after a few rides. On new bikes, the cable stretch and things will need to be re adjusted, again. This is normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.