Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there so here is the thing. Im considering buying new bike since i live in 1600masl and working at 550masl i can ride pretty nice single trails and downhills. My friend has Specialize stumpjumper evo expert 2012. I rode that bike and i loved it. But i dont have 5000euros+ for new one som im trying to find decet old one around 2000euros. Thing is I did some searching and found many stumpjumpers with different ending in the name. Evo, Evo expert, evo fsr expert, comp. And I didnt find any decent explenation what those ending means so Im trying here. So if you can help me with that i will be very thankfull. Second thing since i stated that i would like to buy stump jumper evo. Can someone give any other possibilities or suggestions ?Thank you

·
ACHOO
4,434 Posts
You might try the Specialized subforum for additional detail, but the differences around Expert, Comp, etc with Specialized bikes is around the component level. It is fairly consistent across all their bikes, in that Comp is less expensive than the Expert, and the Expert is less expensive than the S-Works, for example. It does get confusing those as you'll also see Elite, Marathon, and Evo mixed around in there too, as well as the carbon vs M5 (aluminum) frames.

Your best bet is to check out the Spesh site - their bike archive is good, so you can find older models - and compare component levels.

If you haven't already, pinkbike is a good source of used as well.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Evo usually means the model that has slightly longer suspension travel making it somewhere between the stumpjumper FSR and the enduro.
stumpjumper is the hardtail model, FSR is the full suspension and the rest is the quality of the components on it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hi there so here is the thing. Im considering buying new bike since i live in 1600masl and working at 550masl i can ride pretty nice single trails and downhills. My friend has Specialize stumpjumper evo expert 2012. I rode that bike and i loved it. But i dont have 5000euros+ for new one som im trying to find decet old one around 2000euros. Thing is I did some searching and found many stumpjumpers with different ending in the name. Evo, Evo expert, evo fsr expert, comp. And I didnt find any decent explenation what those ending means so Im trying here. So if you can help me with that i will be very thankfull. Second thing since i stated that i would like to buy stump jumper evo. Can someone give any other possibilities or suggestions ?Thank you
When shopping used, you don't always have the luxury of a specific brand.

Be familiar with Giant, Trek, Cannon, GT, Fuji, Diamondback, Scott, etc etc offers in those ranges. They all have somewhat competitive bikes.

e.g. A Stumpjumper with a Recon soloair and deore parts, isn't going to be signifiantly different from a Superfly with Recon soloair and deore parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts