Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I love the 29er EVO and ordered it only to find out there's a long wait. I'm okay with waiting but I can also order something else instead and a friend of mine thinks that I'll be disappointed with the ht. So, really this comes down to another ht vs. fs 29er question!

I recently started commuting (5 miles each way) in Grass Valley, CA where it is mostly hilly. I also ride singletrack and other fireroad type trails. Since I have never owned a 29er (I have test ridden them but that only goes so far) I'm unsure what to do? My budget is right around $2200.

Any advice would be appreciated!

John

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm in the same predicament exept I'm familiar with the 29er ride. One fs 29er that was suggested to me in that price range is the Giant Anthem 3. Has great reviews. But it sounds like we do similar riding and I'm sticking with a ht. Not only because the fs would be a waste but also because I don't want to be like everyone else and ht are fast and look better. If you ever end up on a family ride with kids on the city trail, like I do occasionally, it would look absolutely silly to be on some freak fs bike. I beleive people get them because they think they need the look but don't know anything about the ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sprocket47 said:
I don't want to be like everyone else and ht are fast and look better. If you ever end up on a family ride with kids on the city trail, like I do occasionally, it would look absolutely silly to be on some freak fs bike. I beleive people get them because they think they need the look but don't know anything about the ride.
Thanks! I totally agree. I wish there were some stealthy fs 29ers that didn't have to look like you're a sponsored racer! Give me more sexy, stealthy bikes!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I posted a review of the Specialized Stumpjumper 29er EVO today

washed up 40 yr old bmx guy reviews the 2011 Specialized Stumpjumper 29er EVO at Chuck Lennon MTB trails, Deleon Springs, Florida

jump to 4:16 to skip all the chatter and see the (weak, flat, Florida) trails....

for what it's worth, I also have some bmx vids ..check these two:

thanks, first post

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.