Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Lane Cove, Sydney and I want to sell my S-Works HT 2004 model. Can anyone give me advice as to how i should go about selling. For instance, how much should i try and sell it for, what are my chances of being able to sell it, what selling method should i use? Also, if anyone out there wants to buy the bike or knows someone that might be interested please reply to this thread and i'll get back to you. Thanks

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
benny web said:
I live in Lane Cove, Sydney and I want to sell my S-Works HT 2004 model. Can anyone give me advice as to how i should go about selling. For instance, how much should i try and sell it for, what are my chances of being able to sell it, what selling method should i use? Also, if anyone out there wants to buy the bike or knows someone that might be interested please reply to this thread and i'll get back to you. Thanks
Ebay.com.au or the trading post might be a good place to start:) As for how much... no idea:)

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
Place an advert in the MTBR classifieds.

Take the original purchase price and half the value for every year you have owned it and then add a little more to the new amount based on upgrades and condition of the bike. If its condition is god awful then you may have issues shifting it at all. Conversely, if it has never been ridden beyond the road you will be in better luck.

Place an advert in the local paper or trading post. I find the best way to sell a bike is by word of mouth. Unfortunately it can be a time consuming process. I recently sold my road bike, I got a reasonable amount for it and it did take some time to sell. I reduced my initial selling price by $700 as I was being too unrealistic with regards to the market.

Market realities suck particularly with bikes.

·
Gone riding
3,350 Posts
If you're a racer, take it to the races with you. That way it can be left for people to look at, and they're able to take it for a good ride, which should boost your chances of a quick sale.

It might be a good idea to chuck a new set of cheap tires and grips on the thing too. Just seems to make bikes look a bit more appealing if they're looking nice and fresh. Major paint scratches should be touched up, and non-standard accessories, stickers etc should be removed.

Buyers like to think of second hand bikes as their own bike, rather then someone else's that has already been customized!

Agree with Trevor re the market for second hand bikes....... it sucks.

I think I'll keep all of my old bikes from now on!!! :D

Cheers, Dave.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.