Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Lot's of info. documented through the Search function.

- But the long-and-short of it is : They are very nice all-around, mixed condition, reasonable weight/size/cost tires. The 07's roll better than the 06's and shed the sticky stuff a bit better.

They get a : :thumbsup:

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
GueroAZ said:
Also, has anyone taken them in sticky wet conditions? I am curious about their performance in other than ideal conditions. Thanks.
They clog up. Knobs are not deep enough to really bite.

They make an awesome all-arounder, I've been pushing my front a bit more than I should and the tyre is great.

They run fine on loose wet conditions. Like in wet-wet. But in sticky-clayish mud, they simply can't perform. They float well because of the large casing, but they clog in no time. Being tall as they are doesn't help when clogged.

·
Slow Patrol
438 Posts
I had the old model 2.2/2.1's and now run the current model 2.3's. Good all around tire, great cornering. The new model is better than the old in handling and seems to work better in the rear is comparison to the old model. I reccomend the new model tires. I ride SoCal hardpack type trails.

The current 2.3's are closest to size of the old 2.1s and the current 2.1 is closer to the old 2.0. The old model 2.2's were massive. The old models were way bigger than stated and the new models follow a common industry trait in that they are a bit smaller than stated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.