Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a high volume, fater rolling beefy tire..These seem to fit that description, what im wondering is---any body really measured there actual width? are they really 2.3? secondly do they really weigh 700 grams??? Allso do they tubeless up to stans rims easily? ansd last but not least where the heck can you buy this tire? I cant find them on bike 29 webcyclery, jenso, or anywhere for that matter...Any inpu would be greatly appreciated------

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Dos, i know they stan's up easily. JNC on here runs them on Stans flows and said they went on without a hitch tubeless. They are certainly beefy, i can atest to that. I would say they are every bit 2.3 even though I have never taken a caliper to them. Have not weighed them myself, but they seem like they would be at a minimal of 700gm and likely even higher I'm sure.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for th einput, i switched from ignitors to rampages when i tore a sidewall on an ignitor and had to hike a bike for 10 mile (ug) and the rampages are sweet, but i do a lot of longer rides and they just kill me on the climbes. im hoping this tire will be kind of inbetween the 2 as for as grippier thn the ignitors and stronger, yet not so damn knobby as the rampages......Any more opinions?

·
Az HS Cycling League
325 Posts
I have them...

I have run them tubeless for while now (almost a year) with good success. I have used them tubeless (Stan's) on both Stan's and DT rims. They have good traction. I would agree they would be in between the Ignitor and Rampage/Nevegal on the grip scale. I recommend them. They are not quite as wide as the Exiwolf they replaced but close. This was just measured between the chainstays.

·
Samsonite Tester
3,993 Posts
Stansized no problem on Stans flow rim. A full 2.3 from the looks of it.

They get a highly recomended from me. Fast rolling and quiet on the road to the trail.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
...another "for sure" recommendation from me. Stans'd up easily on the Flow rims with a floor pump using only the yellow tape. Definitely weigh right at/ around the 700g mark as well....easily a 2.3" tire. A great fast rolling/ light-ish/ high volume tire. If you're relatively smooth, they are all you'll need for the rough stuff :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Thumbs Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this for a front tire I use to use it when I was running lil tires too. I am using tubes on mine and still love them.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,763 Posts
best beefy tire setup so far..

dosboy said:
Looking for a high volume, fater rolling beefy tire..These seem to fit that description, what im wondering is---any body really measured there actual width? are they really 2.3? secondly do they really weigh 700 grams??? Allso do they tubeless up to stans rims easily? ansd last but not least where the heck can you buy this tire? I cant find them on bike 29 webcyclery, jenso, or anywhere for that matter...Any inpu would be greatly appreciated------
for me is the rampage up front and a suguano in back. I loved riding the resolutions ALOT.. but man this set up is bullet proof..so far

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
love it!!!

I love these forums thanks guys for all your opinions, just bought a pair from specialized on your recommendations...I will be running them on a pair of arches on a bs highlight (when it gets here in a few weeks) and think it will be a good fit to help soften the rear end but still enable me to go "the distance" thanks again- One more q- how do they wear? pretty fast like an exi?:confused:

·
Old Fart at Play
637 Posts
I've got a pair. I like the way they ride and handle but have found the sidewalls to be a little delicate. Both tires have sustained some small cuts on the side. Not all the way through the casing, but enough to cause concern that they could get worse and cause a blowout. I put a bead of super glue along the cuts, in the hope that it would keep the cut from expanding. So far they have held together but I don't have great confidence in them. Too bad, other than that it is a nice tire, good volume, rolls well, grippy and light for the size. I'm now running a Nevegal in front, Rampage rear. No cuts. Oh, I used them tubeless on Arch rims, with no problems in that department.

·
2,818 Posts
dosboy said:
im hoping this tire will be kind of inbetween the 2 as for as grippier thn the ignitors and stronger, yet not so damn knobby as the rampages......Any more opinions?
You are spot on. The Ignitors are a very good all purpose tire. The Rampage is sick in terms of grip, but rolls a little slower if you ride roads to the trailhead at all. The Resolution fits the bill perfectly - it's high volume, rolls great, and is just enough of a "big" tire without being too portly. Here is a pic I posted last year of it side to side with the Rampage for comparison.

Attachments

·
Registered
817 Posts
I love the suguano on the back and the reso on the front. I seem to be able to get the reso to hook up better than the Rampage for me and my conditions here.

·
Banned
4,137 Posts
I get 2.25 from knob to knob.

I have one that weighs 708 and one that weighs 704

I run them tubeless on ZTR rims with yellow tape and sealant. Great.

I buy them direct from Specialized.com.

I hate Rampages. WORST 29er tire I have ever used. I have used many.

I don't think Resolutins wear bad. The middle wears faster of course.

Sorry it is all about me, but you know the deal....

:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.