Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own an 06 FSR XC Comp and am looking to replace my tires with the new resolution tires from the specialized website. My bike still has the stock tires on it now they are the Adrenaline 2.0 models. Which size resolution matches these stockers? if I get the 2.3 resolutions will they be alot bigger for my bike and heavier?? just trying to make a decision between the 2.1 or 2.3 version feed back on both pro and con would be helpfull thanks in advance....

·
Explore More
393 Posts
Firemedic85 said:
I own an 06 FSR XC Comp and am looking to replace my tires with the new resolution tires from the specialized website. My bike still has the stock tires on it now they are the Adrenaline 2.0 models. Which size resolution matches these stockers? if I get the 2.3 resolutions will they be alot bigger for my bike and heavier?? just trying to make a decision between the 2.1 or 2.3 version feed back on both pro and con would be helpfull thanks in advance....
My 06 Stumpy came with the Resolution 2.0 tires, 581 and 578 grams on weight. Only used them on a couple test rides before I began upgrading things. $20 plus the shipping cost and they're yours. Much better than the price from Specialized.

The 2.0 is a big tire as is; large air volume, high profile and very wide. It looks like and actually measures out to a 2.1+ tire. The 2.1 might be a tad bigger or just a renamed 2.0? Couldn't imagine using the 2.3 for XC riding, need to be DH'n for a monster tire like that!

Let me know.

Ride On!

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
The new Resolution tires....

have been down sized a bit for this year. The casing isn't quite as wide (the 2.1 is an actual 2.1) and the side wall height has been reduced a bit as well. The 2.1 Resy should be almost a direct replacement for your Adrenaline 2.0.

Good Dirt

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
check your PM desertdog

Its a deal I will take the tires from you PM me how you want the money sent to you and where thanks alot....

·
Registered
55 Posts
nice

Firemedic85 said:
Definatly go with the specialized chunder there awesome!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have a rockhopper disk comp. It has the Adrenaline 2.0 on it right now. To me they seem to spin out on climbs and cornering. I was looking at changeing out to maybe a WTB wierwolf or raptor combo. Don't know yet any of you recomend something better than the Adrenaline 2.0? I really like how the Adrenaline 2.0 looks asfar as larger air volume so I would like something maybe alittle bit bigger or same large air size.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My buddy on the S-Works version of your bike upgraded to 2.3 and he claimed it was well worth it. Of course he went tubeless and was able to run lower pressures which was probably a bigger factor in increasing the contact area.

Specialized puts light tires on their bikes and it is tough for me to even consider adding weight.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
The Adrenaline/Resolution is a badazz front tire. It doesn't work so well in the rear due to smaller side knobs and the centerline tread contact.

The new Resolution 2.3 will come closest to matching the previous Resolution 2.0. The new version is true to size and has a reduced height profile. The 2.3 trades height for width but has the same air volume as the older 2.0.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had an 06 Stumpy with the 2.0 Resos. I thought they were a decent front tire and a less than great rear; although I liked it well enough for a rear for the rolling, as one of my main rides has a lot of climbing on asphalt. As a front, I liked the volume, but there was a bit of instability when laid over. Anyway, I got to where it didn't bother me.

I also have an 03 Stumpy (ended up selling the 06, long uninteresting story, loved the bike) and I needed a new front. I'd tried quite a few fronts over the years, and the Reso from my 06 was good enough that I figured I'd get one for the 03. I put a 2007 2.1 (the aramid Pro) on and couldn't believe how small it was. Took it back and put on a 2.3. The 2.3 is pretty much the same size as the 2.0 that was on my 06, but it's noticably more rounded. I LOVE this as a front tire. Super control and very predictable. I'm going to try it as a rear when my current wears down. I don't expect it to own per se as a rear, but I know what to expect. I'm surprised that these 2.3 Resolutions haven't gotten more praise as a trail riding front tire. I run with slimed tubes, btw.

·
Registered
336 Posts
So the 2.o's are about a 2.3? So I wander what true to size I could fit on my rockhopper? 2.4 maybe a 2.5? Just wanding the max tru tire size. I like the air volume of the Adrenaline 2.0 just want something just a tad bigger and better in the back. Wander if a wierwolf in the back would be a good combo.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I use a 2.2 resolution up front and a 2.1 resolution in the back on my 07 stumpy pro. I love the combo and I would argue these tires are generally bigger than an average 2.2 and 2.1.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts