Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All, Not posted for a while but I would like some advise on my specialized pitch pro.

I brought the bike in September last year and have only rode it at local trails mainly in the local woods near where I Live there's nothing big in there only very small drops about 2ft if that and small tree roots and tops of exposed rocks in the dirt.

There seems to be a small dent appeared in the top tube but no impact marks and some alloy oxidation under the grab rail on the same tube underneath the paint.

Also it looks like there's some more oxidation starting to just appear just below the dent.

I have not drop anything on the bike and have not even fell off it in the few months I've had it, there's no scratches anywhere else on the bike.

Do you think I should return the bike to the shop where I brought it from, do you think I have a warranty claim on the frame........

I'm not really brothered about the paint work, but more about how it has happened and the strength of the frame now, I'm wondering if it's a manufracturing fauIt in the top tube, tinner in that section than normal, I would like another opinion from some of you on here......

I've added some pictures but it's very hard to photograph, I've done the best I can with my phone.

Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
That does look strange, but in all honesty, until a crack appears or there seems to be some sort of worsening of the dent, I wouldn't worry about it. You have a lifetime warranty on that part of the frame, so it's not a big deal unless it blows up on you on the trail. However, it should show some sign of stress or wear (a crack, worsening of dent, etc.) before a catastrophic failure occurs. Besides, if you wait and it breaks later on when that frame isn't made anymore, you might get quite an upgrade ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.