Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Long Distance MTB
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to buy a bike for my wife. Since she would be riding just ocasionally a low price bike would do.

I was thinging about the 330USD Hardrock because it has a 24 speed drive train. (or perhaps the 440USD Rockhopper if she likes it and upgrade as necessary). But I would like to know if the woman version of those bikes really represent a plus for woman. I mean the saddle is really good for woman?, are the geomertry diferences significant?

Regards,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes the Geometry does make a difference, to me. Is your wife the same as me though? no...

WSD bikes are shorter on the top tube putting your body over the front more. My bike from last year was not WSD and when I switched it was weird for a ride or two, but after I adjusted I am so much more comfortable and in control now that when I get on my Brodie I feel stretched out and out of control

·
internet axe murderer
220 Posts
Nice!

I didn't realize Specialized made WSD entry level mtbs. That is cool! Yes, there is a significant difference in geometry... at least on the Trek WSD bikes I tried. Yes, the saddles are significantly different. What you have to do is have your wife test ride the bikes and see which one she feels fits her the best. She may decide a non-womens specific bike feels better.

Spike

rimugu said:
I am planning to buy a bike for my wife. Since she would be riding just ocasionally a low price bike would do.

I was thinging about the 330USD Hardrock because it has a 24 speed drive train. (or perhaps the 440USD Rockhopper if she likes it and upgrade as necessary). But I would like to know if the woman version of those bikes really represent a plus for woman. I mean the saddle is really good for woman?, are the geomertry diferences significant?

Regards,

·
consistent default champ
747 Posts
Take her to the shop and let her ride around the parking lot

that way she can see how she feels on the bike. I almost went women's specific with my Specialized Rockhopper but I have long arms and legs. I got the men's instead, but I wouldn't have known if I didn't ride it first before I bought it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.