Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Commit or eat sh!t
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today Specialized announced two new 650b (27.5-inch) Stumpjumper EVO models to dealers. The decision to make the move to 650b was based on consumer and retailer demand. 26-inch EVO models will be discontinued going forward, but 29-inch EVO models will still be available. Bikes are expected to be available as early as mid-April. As these leaked catalogue images show, each model will come in two colors.
Frame Features
150mm of travel front and rear
Sealed cartridge bearing pivots
PF30 bottom bracket
12x142mm dropouts
Tapered headtube
ISCG 05 mounts
Internal Command Post IR routing (carbon model)
2015 Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon EVO 650b
The Expert Carbon EVO model features a FACT 9m carbon front triangle and M5 alloy rear triangle. Parts include a RockShox Pike RC fork, FOX Float CTD Factory rear shock with AUTOSAG, Shimano XT brakes, SRAM X01 11-speed drivetrain, 650b Specialized tires, and 650b Specialized 142+ Roval Traverse wheels. MSRP is $6,500.

More at: It's Official! Specialized Goes 650B with Stumpjumper EVO Models - Features - Vital MTB

·
Registered
68 Posts
My bike is now officially extinct. It's still the most fun, best trail bike I've ridden and I'll continue to shred as long as it lasts. See you on the trails.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Well, this is what I have been waiting on all winter. Those colors are absolutely hideous. Hideous enough for me to let Specialized I'm moving on. Time to pull the trigger on the Troy I believe, as I've waited long enough.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Thoughts?
Yes ! Here : there's a lot more 27.5 bikes available out there and it looks like Specialized came quite late to the 650b game. Still,I'm sure this bike has been planned a long time ago and like most of their bikes it will perform flawlessly and competitors once again will have to learn something.

I'm thinking about a those who dropped some serious cash for Sworks and Expert Enduro 29ers back in september,if the Enduro 27,5 will be released well that is quite a bit irritating..

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I'm surprised about why the top tube hasn't been tweaked "a la Epic 2014" style,more straight and elegant rather than looking like a tube of metal crammed between 2 wheels. We are looking at the same frame from 2012 afterall...

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I'm surprised about why the top tube hasn't been tweaked "a la Epic 2014" style,more straight and elegant rather than looking like a tube of metal crammed between 2 wheels. We are looking at the same frame from 2012 afterall...
Yeah I agree. Looks like the same frame, I was expecting an overhaul. I probably wont get a 650b stumpy till the 2nd gen or 3 gen frame.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
The geo ive seen posted better be wrong. A 68.4HT angle is steep for the type of bike it is meant to be..

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just picked up a new stumpy 26" last week. Would've liked to at least tested one of those out. That's what I get for cheating on my Scott dealer. I got the evo comp model best build for the price so still a win.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Pretty disapointing, it is just the 29er front tri with a new rear and a lower headset spacer to to adjust geo. Ill wait till till actually take the time to design a proper 650b

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Yeah,

I got a 2014 (!) Specialized Stumpjumper Carbon Evo FSR Expert 26er (friggin name). And I like it SO much.
And now it is extinct. I got it last november and have ridden it a ton. Couldn´t imagine a nicer bike.
And the stealth blacked out look is just fantastic.

If Specialized still has a blacked out Enduro (whatever wheelsize, I don´t really care) in carbon this fall, I´ll buy one to complement my trail EVO SJ.

Hanging a 29er front triangle with a fork spacer onto a 650b rear-end doesn´t seem super sophisticated and the HA looks quite steep. But maybe it works?

Maybe they´ll also release a new 29er 2015 Stumpjumper this fall and irritate all the customers who get this "new" 650b Evo. =)

·
Registered
281 Posts
wow, that bb is pretty crazy low at 327mm, which is about 12 7/8 inches.

·
I like turtles
6,370 Posts
Curious if this is the floodgate to offer HTs and other FSs like the Epic....

1 - 20 of 149 Posts