Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
TRANCER
2,770 Posts
Oh ok. Here is an idea. Why don't you save a couple hundred more dollars and maybe get a bike with a bit better components? For 2 or 300 hundred more bucks you can actually take a big leap componentwise from your present hardtail. There is a thread in the bike frames forum that you should read. Someone bought a Cdale rize4 with Fox suspension all around. Instead of just making a slight jump in components in the bike you are currently looking at. Good luck whatever you decide on man :cool:

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts
Biohazard74 said:
Oh ok. Here is an idea. Why don't you save a couple hundred more dollars and maybe get a bike with a bit better components? For 2 or 300 hundred more bucks you can actually take a big leap componentwise from your present hardtail. There is a thread in the bike frames forum that you should read. Someone bought a Cdale rize4 with Fox suspension all around. Instead of just making a slight jump in components in the bike you are currently looking at. Good luck whatever you decide on man :cool:
i agree. its not the most exciting spec but all the parts are proven to work good. its a pretty good functional build.

·
Registered
893 Posts
The camber comp, this year's "fsr xc" is only a couple hundred more. It's not that that's a bad bike, just not a great price IMO. At least tell them you're looking hard at a camber across town to see if he'll come down a bit.

·
Bike Addiction
763 Posts
If you can't wait go ahead. But you will get upgrade-itis.I have more in money mine now than I would have paid for an SJ with better parts. But its a great bike. I got new fork,shock,tires and seat. I'm sure I forgot something

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
My 2 cents. Ride more, save up more $$. It would really suck to spend $1300 plus after tax and be looking to massively upgrade or wishing you had gotten the Stumpjumper to start with. See if you can demo it on the trails. I know UBC rents bikes as does Leroy's Bikeworks and I think AJs Bikes and Boards does as wel. For the amount of cash you are spending you want to make sure you are doing it right and not right now.

Former FSR XC, Rush 1000 rider, very happy Stumpjumper Comp 29'r rider

·
Bike Addiction
763 Posts
I should add too that mine is a 2009 and I rode it alot before starting to upgrade. The parts I bought were to lighten the load a little and the shock because I did not like the fusion. It was ok I just couldn't get it tuned like I wanted.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts