Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
361 - 369 of 369 Posts

·
Registered
10,341 Posts
X-post from the 26" bike thread. I've owned this one for about 8 years. Finally got the correct forks on it. Ironically so I can sell it.

1998 FSR Elite.

It had a horrible mismatch of bits when I got it. Including a Judy C fork. It took me a while to get a Mango Xvert R with a long enough steerer for the XL head-tube.

Before then I had a 145mm Xvert DC on the front and longer stroke Vanilla RC on the rear. But I've finally been able to get it looking stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well. First of all, thanks for all the information regarding the Max Backbone frames. I've built up a few FSRs recently (9 in total) and found this for sale close to me for a steal.
The rear triangle seat stay pivot was toast but I managed to get a replacement from Canada and some replacement bushings from Germany.
The powdercoat white had seen better days so I sandblasted the frame and was about to paint it when I realised how nice the frame was with no scratches, so she's had hours of shining. Still some way to go and some pieces left to get the build done but she is well on her way!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks very similar to my 99 FSR DH.
I am pretty sure they used the same main frame and added a different rear linkage and shock.
No one seems to have the upgraded rear linkage or I would have gone down the black and yellow paint scheme and made it into a replica. Shame as it's a cracking bike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is my 1999 FSR Pro. EVERYTHING customized and upgraded and modernized. I know most may say, "well its still a 26 inch MTB". I say who cares, never knew the difference then and I dont know the difference now. I do t race. I ride for me.
If interested I will include all specs in another reply

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is my 1999 FSR Pro. EVERYTHING customized and upgraded and modernized. I know most may say, "well its still a 26 inch MTB". I say who cares, never knew the difference then and I dont know the difference now. I do t race. I ride for me.
If interested I will include all specs in another reply
Looks sweet! Tell me about the shock length, does that curved link allow a 190mm shock?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I built this back in 2015 so i cant remember that stuff. The entire rearend is custom from Risse Racing. Their website might say more about it. But the black part of it that the lower shock bolt goes through is Hex shaped inside which gives six positions for adjustment.
The shock i have on there is a 2016 Fox Factory Float DPS 6.5"x1.5"

361 - 369 of 369 Posts