Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Now with More Wood
2,964 Posts
Torsional rigidity has nothing to do with bottoming out. The e150 is light and stiff - an excellent trail fork which is up for a fair amount of abuse as well. You can set any fork up so it doesn't bottom out, regardless of the amount of travel - that's just the usual trade-off between big hit absorbtion and small bump comfort (not that running 200 psi in a Reba will make it a big freride fork - that's not what I'm talking about).

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's more about stiffness rather than strength. Compared to a lot of other 6" forks out there, the e150 is sooo much stiffer. You can be plowing downhill and grab a hand full of front brake and there's barely any noticeable flex, some other single crowns I've used in the same situation just feel like they're folding under the bike. It definitely gives you more control. I read somewhere though that with the advent of tapered headtubes, Specialized may make future models with a single crown.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.