Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has mounted a Fast trak opposite of the recommended rotation as a rear tire. What were your impressions? I noticed in the latest Giant AnthemX review, they were running the Michelin XCR Dry2 tires very similiar to the Fast trak. In the review, it was stated that they ran the Michelin backwards with better results. The Michelin tire is marked with arrows for both directions, either a front or rear mounted application.

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
I'm using the 2bliss version of those tires currently and was sceptically at first but recently have grown to enjoy them. I bought some second hand wheels and the seller threw in the tires. They were already mounted with Stans so I figured I'd give them a try. Usually I prefer a larger more aggressive tread especially up front for more stability. But I've been riding with the fast traks for a few months now and they have performed much better than I expected.

Sorry, I fairly sure mine are mounted the normal direction. I doubt they would work better back wards. Why don't you just flip them around and see for yourself?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.