Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Specialized "Fast Track" tires...Would appreciate some user feedback

Curious to know whether anybody has tried Specialized's FastTrack tires and what your impressions were. Also, tell us about the terrain where you rode them and/or where you think they might perform best.

·
Registered
72 Posts
They came on my Specialized and I didn't rate them as much, so swapped back to my Python's. I used it in dry, loose, pebble/gravel conditions and hardpack. They felt really slow, and the back wasn't that grippy.

Others who ride in the same conditions haven't liked them much either. But whether these are the conditions you ride in, would determine if they are suitable or not.

I don't know what the price comparison is compared to Python's, but if they were significantly cheaper then they may be a 'bang for the buck' buy. Looking at the tread, and overall shape of the tyre, they should be alright in most conditions except for mud, but as I said previously, for the riding I was doing at the time, they weren't as good as the Python's.

HTH

·
Registered
142 Posts
I use the S-Works D2 Fast Track tires and love them...pretty light, large air volume which helps reduce the impact of bumps on my Sworks HT and grip amazing to everthing here in New England . I recommend them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.