Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at those two due to they are both within the 3 limit I have I want to do a lot more dh but I also ride a lot of single track so it'll have to be able to do everything. What do you think would be best?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
538 Posts
I was also looking into the Enduro, the main thing was the RockShox Pike for me, and the great rear suspension set up, unfortunantly they don't sell the 26 in my size (XL) so I looked elsewhere, and I came across not the remedy but the slash. the Slash 7 to be more specific. I has GREAT suspension, the Pike up front, and if you HAVE to have the 1X10 or 1X11 system, you can upgrade to that after you wear out your 2X10 (with BashGuard). Now you're probably saying "i want a bike that can climb and descend, then why not Slash 7. i'm saying 7 because it'd be more worth your while to get the Pike and then upgrade components later, although its not a carbon frame, that doesn't matter, this isn't XC, this is All mountain, we're here to have fun and huck it, carbon isn't a necessity. The Slash 7 has a "Dual Rate Control Valve" which means in human speak, that when you're rolling over light stuff you're only using about 2/3 of the shock, which means you have a stiffer shock when you adjust the CTD fox shock to Climb. but also, when you put it on Descend, and take a big hit, the shock utilizes that extra 1/3 (ish) of the shock and feel BOTTOMLESS!! plus it is a full floater so it has a better angle of compression and the ABP ensures your rear suspension doesn't lock up on the decent. but if you aren't into very aggressive riding, then i'd look at the remedy. understand that you shouldn't look at the bike for its components, but the frame. you can replace the components, and put them on any bike... it is the frame that really decides how the bike functions, I've ridden my friends 29 enduro, and a friends slash 7. i'm buying the slash 7.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The price is keeping me from that one as I only have 2000 right now by late May I'll have 3000 so it'll cost to much I also intend on visiting multiple lbc to see what they suggest since they have ridden the local trails in Alaska. Thank you for your insight I was also looking at the Scott bikes not sure on price of those though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went to the bike shop today enduro it is but the new question is 29 or 26?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have decided that I will be going with the 26. Why you may ask is because it's a proven solid size and I don't like to be a first year tester of things. Plus couple years upgrade if 27.5 stays around which I think it will and plus by than I'll be able to afford one with the nicer components. I want to be able to do big drops and jumps without having to worry about bending rims. Will be my first full suspension bike so I'm excited to ride this season am gonna have to special order it since my bike shop said they were only ordering 29ers this year.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you think you could fit a 650b wheel onto a 29er frame? Might be interesting and take a little bit of research.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well you could definitely make a 650b wheel and tire onto a 29er, but the geometry of the bike will still be set up for a 29 inch wheel. Could you make it work? Probably. Would it be worth it? My opinion, no.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts