Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
No Fear
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some issues on a Specialized Elso Sl. The DC fork Specialized uses on Enduro SL 08’s .

A friend of mine came his for replacement . The controller rods had been unthreaded from their fixing at the end of the damper shims. Fixed that but now I have some questions.

First of all where could I find the internal assembly manual ?? Guess nowhere as I searched for it all over the net !

But if any one had technical info I would be very happy if you could share it .

1: How much fluid should I use in its main cartridge body ?‘ and how should I fill it ? Does it need bleeding ?

2: I don’t know how to position the IFP in the cartridge. It has two sides a hollow side and a non hollow one . Should the hollow side face the air valve ( bottom ) or vise versa ?

Where should the IFP exactly locate ? How much distance should it have from the valve end of the cartridge ?? The first photo is the IFP and im showing the hollow side .

3: Feel something is missing in the rebound controller .It has two curved slots under it with a gradient from shallow to deep. Just like the thing I saw on a Fox RLC rebound controller . In the metal disc under the knob two holes are placed which their diameter matches those slots.

The thing I think : There must have been two balls ( pellet ) with a pair of pins under them which place in the holes and push against the plastic piston . A piston that controls the rebound rod connected to it .

If so they are lost and I have to machine the pins.

Attachments

·
No Fear
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm no one found on MTBR who has cracked it up !!
So I should consider my self lucky now . Once apona time I thought my mechanical desire to rip up such things wont be satisfied in the country I live.
I started with my own stuff and blew a lot .Also it had its own cost for me . I was blowing money while the components blew!!

I don’t forget when I threw a whole set of Hayes nines in the trash only because I used the wrong fluid .I even used the right standard one ( DOT 3.) but recognizing high end quality brands which fulfill the chemical demands locally ( when you cant find any standard bike branded fluid ) needs experience and none of the experiences I know in this world are free !

And when I ruined the Teflon bushings in my RC2X then forced to sell it 350 bucks under price . ( thanks god I sold it ).

During a few years I went in every fork ‘ shock and brake . And bought experience on bike hydraulic designs and damper basics .and how to find and use parts such as O-rings ‘ X rings ‘ bearings ‘ one directional fluid pass washers and….. Also learnt how to make modifications with similar parts and machining.

Now every time a suspension or brake fails all the local pals even in other districts know me!

By the way I found the PDF on Specialized ‘ machined the lost pieces too.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have not cracked open the cartridges themselves (no need on a normal rebuild, and it voids the warranty), but to answer your question about adding fluid to the internals of the air side, a lot of people on the Specialized forums are simply unscrewing the valve from inside the shrader assembly and injecting fluid that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts