Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm new on this forum, and I'm planning to buy a new mountainbike. I narrowed my search down to the Specialized Enduro Elite 2005 and the Trek Liquid 65 2005. There are several things I would like to ask you guys.

I live in the Netherlands, and often go biking in Belgium, Germany. Even planning trips to Switzerland and France. I my surrounding area there aren't much hills/mountains, but in Belgium, etc. there are. So I need a bike to ride in my surrounding area, but also in Belgium, France and it would be nice to even do a little freeride/downhill when possible. Do you have any recommendations.

Does somebody know the weight of the Trek Liquid 65 2005. I rode them both, and it felt lighter then the Specialized Enduro Elite 2005. And it handled a little bit better.

If somebody owns either of the two bikes, please give me info on their handling, etc. And what they can take (jumps, drop off, etc.).

If you give me a recommendation, please say why, I really don't know what to do. I really like them both (looks & handling).

Kind Regards ..

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Bittah Pupil said:
Hi guys,

I'm new on this forum, and I'm planning to buy a new mountainbike. I narrowed my search down to the Specialized Enduro Elite 2005 and the Trek Liquid 65 2005. There are several things I would like to ask you guys.

I live in the Netherlands, and often go biking in Belgium, Germany. Even planning trips to Switzerland and France. I my surrounding area there aren't much hills/mountains, but in Belgium, etc. there are. So I need a bike to ride in my surrounding area, but also in Belgium, France and it would be nice to even do a little freeride/downhill when possible. Do you have any recommendations.

Does somebody know the weight of the Trek Liquid 65 2005. I rode them both, and it felt lighter then the Specialized Enduro Elite 2005. And it handled a little bit better.

If somebody owns either of the two bikes, please give me info on their handling, etc. And what they can take (jumps, drop off, etc.).

If you give me a recommendation, please say why, I really don't know what to do. I really like them both (looks & handling).

Kind Regards ..
The 2005 Enduro has put a little weight on compared to the previous model, but will certainly be a better bet for those Freeride/Downhill excursions. I think its weight is now borderline for a true all-round trailbike. The Liquid is probably a slightly better all-rounder in this respect. Both nice bikes, so it just depends what is more important for you - Trail or Freeride? Below are a few other suggestions to complicate your decision further:-

Yeti 575 - Stable handling downhill, yet lighter than either the Enduro or Liquid
Santa Cruz Heckler - Solid, no-nonsense trailbike, capable of light freeride. Similar weight to the Enduro
Ventana El Chamuco - Similar to the Heckler, but more exotic and better build quality. Not sure if there is an importer in the Netherlands?
Cannondale Prophet - Relatively light and adjustable geometry for Trail/Freeride. Should be readily available too. Great all-round package.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.