Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a specialized enduro 08 expert but the last time i took it around Cwmcarn i`ve got a horrible creaking sound cant work out where its coming from, my friend has the same on his enduro 08 too but does not sound as loud. . Has anyone else had the same problem and where does this creaking come from.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have you done a search of this forum and read the other threads on this problem????

If not, near the top of this page, just below the banner advert (which is a Sprecialized ad at the moment) is a "Search Bar". Click on the "advanced search" link and when that page has loaded, type in somthing like noises or creaking or sounds and then in the right had section "search in forum(s)" just select Specialized and then at bottom of page hit the Search Now button.

Happy reading....... the "Enduro SL" thread is a long one or "HELP 07 stumpy FSR/08 Enduro creaking"

Happy New Year of Mountain Biking
Terry

·
Registered
84 Posts
You should start at the handlebar clamp.
Remove all the bolts and the frontplate. Clean everything. Regrease everything paying particular attention to getting grease into the threads of the bolts. Grease the inside of the faceplate (although carbon bars need anti-slip compound I believe). Torque it all down.
If its not that - try the saddle clamp. Same procedure. Remove the seat and disassemble the clamp. Clean everything. Grease everything. Reassemble.
Those 2 proved to be my SL's creak points. If it remains after doing these procedures, it could be one of the pivots, but so far, my Enduro hasn't creaked again.

·
Registered
226 Posts
jabba69 said:
I have a specialized enduro 08 expert but the last time i took it around Cwmcarn i`ve got a horrible creaking sound cant work out where its coming from, my friend has the same on his enduro 08 too but does not sound as loud. . Has anyone else had the same problem and where does this creaking come from.
I have an 08 Enduro Sl Expert that started to creak from the front end, so I took the face plate off of the stem and greased and retorqued the bolts, but it did not solve the problem. It ended up being one of the pinch bolts on the upper clamp that was a little loose. I would loosen all the bolts on the upper and lower clamps and retorque them all. Creaks can be tough to pinpoint because they echoe through the bike.

Good luck!!!

Jeff

·
Now with More Wood
2,964 Posts
PB Matrix said:
lube the top and bottom of the carbon fiber spacer on top of the fork as well.
Cool - thanks for this tip! I think I stripped down, lubed, and re-torqued every single nut and bolt on my SL.....but I never even thought to do this....I'm gonna try tonight, because there is this one creak that I can't get rid of (even though it's mostly silent now....climbing and pulling hard on the handlebars still has it sounding like it's about to break in 2...:madman: ).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.