Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Specialized will have a new one at your bike shop within a few days.

Those things are about 50/50 success rate and specialized knows it.

Mine's been fine but many others haven't

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
.WestCoastHucker. said:
you must have a sponsorship in the works, you've really been swinging from the SpecialEd nutsack a lot lately...
Having trouble reading entire threads?:p

kidoo said:
Those things are about 50/50 success rate
kidwoo said:
Oh jesus......... They really are claiming it's some new standard?
kidwoo said:
The headset deal is BS. They're the only company I know of using a larger diameter.

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
matt said:
Well, kidwoo is soon to be a pro racer sponsored by Specialized as the first gay pro downhiller. Hes a trailblazer for gay and lesbian rights!
Nothin' wrong with that. I'm pretty sure everyone who's ever used Al Gore's interweb no knows what his favorite bike is though. Kidwoo, are you planning to race DH on your Enduro? Do you really think it can keep up with a purpose built DH bike? :D

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Hardtails Are Better said:
Nothin' wrong with that. I'm pretty sure everyone who's ever used Al Gore's interweb no knows what his favorite bike is though. Kidwoo, are you planning to race DH on your Enduro? Do you really think it can keep up with a purpose built DH bike? :D
Why would I need to race my enduro in a dh race?;)

mmmmm salty

There's only one bike I'm ga ga about. The enduro. And that's the only one I've slathered praise all over too. You haven't heard one mention about that demo have you? Or the P.1 I own eh?

The reason I speak up about them is I also know more about them than most people here:D

·
Bike Ninja |||
2,037 Posts
kidwoo said:
Why would I need to race my enduro in a dh race?

mmmmm salty

There's only one bike I'm ga ga about. The enduro. And that's the only one I've slathered praise all over too. You haven't heard one mention about that demo have you? Or the P.1 I own eh?
very nice demo!

and is it just my eyes, or is that a 170mm 888?

and also back on subject, my shop has had a few problems with blow up cartridges...

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
chooofoojoo said:
very nice demo!

and is it just my eyes, or is that a 170mm 888?
Yup. I got this thing for the low BB setting and with an 8" fork, the headangle was 64 degrees. It rode like crap so I found an old 7" version to bring the front end down. I'm happy with it now.

Not sure why they changed the headangle this year but it sucks with an 8" fork unless you run it in the high setting.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Hardtails Are Better said:
Wow, you really are a Specialized brand ho! :D :lol:
Just kind of turned out that way. Trust me it has more to do with bike geometry than what's printed on the downtube.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Khemical said:
But didn't you just say the geo was crap and you had to swap to a shorter travel fork to correct it??

:skep:
Yeah but I bought it for the chainstays.:D

It's the only dh bike with sub 17" stays that I know of.

I knew I might have to do that before I bought the bike (and hence get an even lower bb......a good thing) but I was also curious to see what the 64deg headangle felt like.

Besides......some of their published numbers were never right on in the past anyway.

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
Nice fork :D

kidwoo said:
Why would I need to race my enduro in a dh race?;)

mmmmm salty

The reason I speak up about them is I also know more about them than most people here:D

·
Registered
179 Posts
First specialized doesnt specialize in making forks, they basically just started making suspension and not one company gets stuff right the first time. you got to give specialized a break. there bikes are good and there suspension might not be the best but it will be good some day, when they get it right

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.