Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Superflying on Haven
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing the canadian web site and I saw that Spec offers only 29ers for 2012 (Epic, Stumpjumper, Fate). I called a dealer to check whether the information is right and he said that there is so much demand for 29ers since 2009 that 26ers are now obsolete ??? He was telling that I should try a 29er and how great they ride :skep: (I guess he never even tested one).

The problem is it still almost impossible to find a 29er in the Specialized dealers (and other brands) in Canada and for the past five years, on the trails and in the bike shop, most people have been telling me that I suck because I ride a 29er or didn't even know what a 29er is.

The 29er tidal wave hasn't cross the north border yet (unfortunately). I don't understand their marketing plan...

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Crazy!

I was browsing the canadian web site and I saw that Spec offers only 29ers for 2012 (Epic, Stumpjumper, Fate). I called a dealer to check whether the information is right and he said that there is so much demand for 29ers since 2009 that 26ers are now obsolete ??? He was telling that I should try a 29er and how great they ride :skep: (I guess he never even tested one).

The problem is it still almost impossible to find a 29er in the Specialized dealers (and other brands) in Canada and for the past five years, on the trails and in the bike shop, most people have been telling me that I suck because I ride a 29er or didn't even know what a 29er is.

The 29er tidal wave hasn't cross the north border yet (unfortunately). I don't understand their marketing plan...
I mean, I would not agree that 26ers are obsolete. They are in my garage, but I can see a place in the world for them for those who prefer them.

Heh... they know their market better than I do, I'm sure.

Sign-o-the-times

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.