Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I own a 2007 Specialized Demo 7 II with a Fox DHX 4.0 rear shock. Specialized say that the shock measurement is 8.5" x 2.375". Now I am sitting here struggling with the metric conversion. Maths says it should be 216 x 60.3 mm, but then I was told it should probably be a 216 x 63 mm shock?

Can anyone confirm, what the correct measurements for this shock are? I am looking for a replacement air shock and I would need the correct length and stroke for the new shock.

Thank you!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hihi 馃憢 馃榾

2. opinion doesn't hurt ;)
Yeah I saw your reply on the other site but wanted to reach out to the people at mtbr, as their knowledge was really helpful in the past. Thanks for helping out on the German forum mate!

I found this in an age old Demo thread on here, but am still unsure whether this is correct or not.

from the numbers I am thinking a Demo7 shock is 8.5x2.375 with the chip and a normal 8.5x2.5 without it. That will give me an extra inch over my SXT and a slacker ht angle.
The demo 8 has a 8.75x2.75 so stroke and I2I are longer. I would try this length shock on the demo7 but it would raise the bb and steepen the ht angle.
I will be using an 08 66 rc3x for now thinking of a totem or a dc like a boxxer team or Fox 40. I just have to research the ac heights of eack fork.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.