Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my parents want me to buy a bike localy, that puts out getting a tranansition. I was thinking about getting the demo 7 I. Want are your opinions on this bike? I was also looking at the Cannondale Perpetrator, but it think this too much bike and too much money. What do you think of both bikes? I want a bike i can pedal a little and that can jump, drop and pin it down the mountain.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i'd take either bike over a transition any day.

the perp and the demo 7 are both in the same weight class and pedal class. same style bike. go ride them both and see what you think. i'd personally go with the demo 7 though

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
ontario_bike said:
specialized is the way to go!!! (coming from a DJ'er getting a P.1 in 8 days!)
Sounds like you've got lots of real life experience to back up your claims!

The one thing I don't like about the Demo is the really slack HA (check out the pics) with a short CS. That means you're going to be really far over the rear wheel, and I like a more forward aggressive stance. Just a preference thing.

·
Registered
729 Posts
of all the absolutly hideous paint jobs of the demo family,the 7I is the most acceptable...but then the perp isnt the prettiest thing either...haha sorry,ive ridden a demo,it rode great,and i have an SGS,so i have to say FSR rules,so go with the demo

·
Registered
445 Posts
yeah FSR is so much better than single pivot

unless all you're doing is hucking

but if you like to go fast and then brake in bumpy sections, you'll feel the difference for sure

demo 7s are sweet bikes :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
Whatever bike you do end up getting, make sure to ride it first, it may turn out that what you thought was going to be a perfect match, isn't

Any other brands you can buy locally, or are you limited to specialized and cannondale?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
tough call, if you really think you want to go that big, get the demo 7, if you want to shuttle 80% of the time, get the demo 7

if you like to go big, trail ride, and pedal alot more, get the sx trail. goodluck finding a test ride on a demo, the framesets arnt due out for another month:madman:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.