Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've bought over $10k in specialized bikes so I think I'm a decent customer. However I tried to get some inputs on one of my hard-tail frame dimensions and customer service refused to provide any info.

I was wondering of others have had such a poor experience trying to get help from Specialized? I'm rather concerned given I spent quite a bit and am now wondering if I'm SOL on Specialized honoring their warranty, if I have any other problems.

Am I missing something? - I thought specialized was a good company before, but is it a known issue that they don't stand behind their products?

I was thinking of buying a gravel bike but will probably rule out buying any additional Specialized given the poor customer service. What a bummer!

Hope if others naively think that paying a premium for Specialized for the notion they stand behind their products, they'll think twice. Wish I'd known.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've bought over $10k in specialized bikes so I think I'm a decent customer. However I tried to get some inputs on one of my hard-tail frame dimensions and customer service refused to provide any info.

I was wondering if others have had such a poor experience trying to get help from Specialized? I'm rather concerned given I spent quite a bit and am now wondering if I'm SOL on Specialized honoring their warranty, if I have any other problems.

Am I missing something? - I thought specialized was a good company before, but is it a known issue that they don't stand behind their products?

I was thinking of buying a gravel bike but will probably rule out buying any additional Specialized given the poor customer service. What a bummer!

Hope if others naively think that paying a premium for Specialized for the notion they stand behind their products, they'll think twice. Wish I'd known.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
My experience has been the opposite. Their products suck, but they always have been great about providing a warranty whenever necessary.

Having a good bike shop to go through also helps.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'm no supporter of Specialized either, despite buying many of their bikes over the years. I think you are going to have to be more specific if you expect anyone to agree with you that doesn't have an axe to grind like me. I'm a firm believer that you should speak with your feet. It is the easiest way. In most cases if I have repeated or significant bad experiences with any company selling goods or services, I just walk out the door and arrive at another location to try anew.

In your case, what specifically are you asking for? Many of these "dealer only" franchise or factory store type companies really don't have a great system for communicating directly with the public. They expect that you will route the majority of your inquires through your LBS or local store.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
So you are pissed at not getting dimensions on a HT ? Is this some old model ? If so I suspect you can easily google the geo and get a graphic. And maybe just call back and get another person.

But seriously this got you to post ? Hate to see you reaction if you actually have a real bike issue---chill out a bit

·
Registered
352 Posts
Wait until you actually have to get parts replaced. They will send the wrong stuff multiple times, give you and your LBS the run around. And then if you send them a message asking about their screw up they will just attack you personally.
I won't ever again purchase a "Special" bike. Not only do they not care about their customers, their bike tech is behind the times. They'll likely never go to current tech suspension and geo, let alone be at the leading edge.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Wait until you actually have to get parts replaced. They will send the wrong stuff multiple times, give you and your LBS the run around. And then if you send them a message asking about their screw up they will just attack you personally.
I won't ever again purchase a "Special" bike. Not only do they not care about their customers, their bike tech is behind the times. They'll likely never go to current tech suspension and geo, let alone be at the leading edge.
Lol must of missed the new Enduro or stumpy evo. BS

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I have never worked with Specialized about my Epic. However I have worked with my shop on warranty issues and they have been great to work with. Maybe they can cut through the crap with specialized or just don't let it get to me.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I've never had a warranty claim, but they have always been responsive to my questions via the ridercare form on their website. This includes parts numbers, parts verification, maintenance advice, etc. that allows me to bypass my local dealer and order online. It sometimes takes a couple days but I always get a response.

On the other hand, I have found Trek online customer service to be unhelpful - they.are friendly enough but the standard reply has been "go see your local dealer.". I don't recall ever getting a specific response to a specific question.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.