1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
i have the Big Hit 2. the first thing i did when i got it was switch the fork out with a Manitou Travis. The Dropoff has had a lot of complaints with blowing out. However on the other hand i have heard that Marzocchi has fixed that problem. overall i would say that is a good bike. I know bicyclevilage in CO has a some good prices on them. i dont know if you are in CO or have BV stores.

The Big Hit is a Freeride bike but unless you are putting a number on your shirt and racing DH you dont need a specifically DH bike. They suck for pedaling, unless you plan on riding lifts all day. if this is the case i would suggest gettng a new fork as generally DH bikes have around 200mm of travel or just get a Used Demo 8 or 9.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Not so much blowing out, as just bad dampening with lots of top out. It does not track well across the fast rough stuff. Dampening is poor.

I think for the money, there are better options out there. These days, Specialized has almost reached boutique prices.

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
yea there are better options but the big hit is a solid frame. the linkage, i would argue, is unbeatable. It can make the gnarliest coil over feel plush. If you are set on the big hit i would encourage you to get it. as for the fork that all depends on your level of riding. if you are charging burly lines at top speeds get a new fork, if you are just gettin into the game then dont bother.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
I raced my Big Hit and it had the 24 inch tire instead of the 26 there....the 26 will roll faster....you will be fine with the bike

·
Registered
64 Posts
well i got mine at mojo wheels here in denver co 1200 i couldnt find a better bike for the price at the time. i want to upgeade the fork and rear shock. i have a light tap out and have heard some bad tap out on other drop offs. i wrecked my bike on a 5' drop broke the air valve and top cap cant find it in stock. but over all the frame is a good start just needs upgrading. pedals suck get some shoes and or pedals i have slipped on them which caused some bad problems. and the warrenty is bad ass life time warrenty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.