Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! first post..

So here's the deal. I need help choosing which bike to buy.

My options:
http://denver.craigslist.org/bik/2235646505.html
http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/bik/2212783838.html

Here's my dilemma: Fox Shox are easy to service and anyone can pretty much do it themselves.

The Specialized(S) AFR shock is new and since 07 was the first year S used their own propitiatory shocks, I'm afraid it may have some bugs and might not be as reliable wit the DHX. I know the fork had some bugs, but apparently this guy got it rebuilt with 08 internals.

Does anyone have any insight on these Specialized AFR shocks? Is servicing them like servicing a Fox Shox shock?

Thanks in advance for the help =)

·
Registered
347 Posts
AFR and E-150 are nothing but trouble. They feel great when first rebuilt but is a fast downhill spiral from there -- even with the 08 internals. Trust me....I know. That being said, I have talked with quite a few people that have replaced the AFR and E-150 on their 07 and 08 Enduro's with Fox or RockShox and everyone said the transformation was incredible and that the bike rides the way it was supposed to.

·
Purveyor of Trail Tales!
1,189 Posts
spec306 said:
AFR and E-150 are nothing but trouble. They feel great when first rebuilt but is a fast downhill spiral from there -- even with the 08 internals. Trust me....I know. That being said, I have talked with quite a few people that have replaced the AFR and E-150 on their 07 and 08 Enduro's with Fox or RockShox and everyone said the transformation was incredible and that the bike rides the way it was supposed to.
Hi Mr. 306,

I'm right there with you on this one. Just yesterday I got my first ride on a Pushed 2011 Rockshox Monarch Plus RC3 that I combined with a 2011 Fox 36 Talas 160 RLC FIT fork as replacements for the Specialized suspension on my 2007 Euduro SL. It was a major improvement from ride characteristics to the weight of the bike. It was a 3.5 hour, 23 mile ride with over 3,000 feet of elevation gain/loss. One ride doesn't a review make but I'm completely stoked by the changes and highly recommend them to anyone with this frame.

Michael:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.