Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is it possible to buy the Specialized AFR shock?? I did a web search but I could not find it, looks like they are only sold with the complete Stumpjumper bike.

How much would it cost in eBay (new, taken off a bike), any clue??

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Specialized specifically stated....

when they brought out the AFRs that they had no intention of going into the afternarket fork/shock business. And so far that's been the case. The shocks were specifically designed for specific Specialized bike models and would not be sold aftermarket. To get replacements you have to go through a Spec dealer. And from what I understand and have experienced they are pretty specific to the bike they were designed for. Damper valving, spring rates, etc. are all designed around the given bikes compression ratio, weight, intended use parameters, etc.

So you probably won't see them available at your favorite LBS or online retailer. As far as ebay goes, I haven't seen any up for sale either. So that ones a who knows type thing as well. You're best bet would be to contact a Specialized dealer for availability and pricing.

Good Dirt

·
Registered
446 Posts
As for the specificity in application / tuning.....
Many of us have heard that one from the Spech dealers. We have however found that a quality aftermarket shock (preferences to Marzocchi) always felt better than the OEM stuff - on several bikes, several shocks, air and coil..
YMMV.....
Research before you committ, and search posts for all the proprietary shock/fork failures.

Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts