Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a new tire or anything, but thought I'd post my experience after my first 3 hour ride on them. Great tires! Coming off the Blue Groove / Nevegal combo. While I think ramped knobs are a great idea for front tires, terrible for a rear. My rear tire, the Nev, just kept slipping off everything. Plus I wore it down past half way in about 400 miles! Waste of money. Anyway, the Specialized tire (front and rear) did everything right. They roll very fast, but had great traction in the corners and while braking. Just wish they weren't quite so heavy.

Thanks Shiggy for turning me on to my new favorite tire.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
dulyebr said:
My rear tire, the Nev, just kept slipping off everything. Plus I wore it down past half way in about 400 miles! Waste of money. Anyway, the Specialized tire (front and rear) did everything right.
What kind of terrain do you ride in? I'm in CO and looking for a new UST tire. I'd heard that the Adrenaline was good, but you don't see them a lot (at least not on the discount web sites).

Interesting about the Nev comments - that was my leading candidate for a rear tire. Either that or the Conti Vertical Pro, or maybe a WTB Weirwolf.

Anyone care to comment on the Vertical Pro versus Adrenaline? Christmas is coming and Santa's needs to know which tires to bring.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
crashtoomuch said:
What kind of terrain do you ride in? I'm in CO and looking for a new UST tire. I'd heard that the Adrenaline was good, but you don't see them a lot (at least not on the discount web sites).

Interesting about the Nev comments - that was my leading candidate for a rear tire. Either that or the Conti Vertical Pro, or maybe a WTB Weirwolf.

Anyone care to comment on the Vertical Pro versus Adrenaline? Christmas is coming and Santa's needs to know which tires to bring.
The Adrenaline is much grippier than the Vert and more versatile than the WW. Adrenalines f&r are a good tire for most dry conditions (have not tried them in the slop yet). Do a search of this board for more details.

Specialized.com is the only on-line source for (new/current) Specialized tires. Usually cheaper to buy from a LBS.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
shiggy said:
The Adrenaline is much grippier than the Vert and more versatile than the WW. Adrenalines f&r are a good tire for most dry conditions (have not tried them in the slop yet). Do a search of this board for more details.
Shiggy,

I'm running an old Python in the back and Spider in the front here in CO on a Stumpy FSR. I've slid out a couple of times in loose dry. I've heard some people rave about the Nevegal, some rave about the Conti Vert Pro 2.3, and now the Adrenaline. The weight diff between the Conti and Adrenaline in UST is big. If you had to pick one for CO riding, which would it be? I guess a compromise might be to put an Adrenaline up front where the extra grip would count more and maybe a NG Python in back.

I appreciate your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
I do not know of any tires that will not slide out on loose dry from time to time.

Any of those tires will work. Which one may suit your specific conditions and riding style is unknown. Personally I would pick the Spider or Adrenaline f&r.

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funny. I ride in SoCal. So it's pretty dry around here, probably similar to CO.

As far as weight difference, the Conti Vertical UST 2.3 is 825g (see weighweenies.com) vs. the Adrenaline at 800g (weighed them myself). Plus the 2.0 Adrenaline is almost the same size and definitely higher volume than the Conti (see Shiggy's site).

So tell Santa to stop by Specialized on his way to your house. :D

crashtoomuch said:

·
Paper or plastic?
10,591 Posts
dulyebr said:
Not a new tire or anything, but thought I'd post my experience after my first 3 hour ride on them. Great tires! Coming off the Blue Groove / Nevegal combo. While I think ramped knobs are a great idea for front tires, terrible for a rear. My rear tire, the Nev, just kept slipping off everything. Plus I wore it down past half way in about 400 miles! Waste of money. Anyway, the Specialized tire (front and rear) did everything right. They roll very fast, but had great traction in the corners and while braking. Just wish they weren't quite so heavy.

Thanks Shiggy for turning me on to my new favorite tire.
Interesting. I'm actually thinking about picking up a pair of Adrenaline 2.0 to mount on Stan ZTR rims. I currently ride a 2.1 rear Nevegal DTC, and so far, this is the grippiest tire I've ever run. On dry loose stuff, here in Norcal, it has worked wonders. It got me up a steep climb that my old WTB Motoraptor 2.24 would keep slipping on. The only downsides to the Nevegal is that it wears out very quickly and it rolls pretty slowly (especially on pavement).

·
Registered
817 Posts
Adrenalines just do they dam thang!!!!

zorg said:
Interesting. I'm actually thinking about picking up a pair of Adrenaline 2.0 to mount on Stan ZTR rims. I currently ride a 2.1 rear Nevegal DTC, and so far, this is the grippiest tire I've ever run. On dry loose stuff, here in Norcal, it has worked wonders. It got me up a steep climb that my old WTB Motoraptor 2.24 would keep slipping on. The only downsides to the Nevegal is that it wears out very quickly and it rolls pretty slowly (especially on pavement).
I have the tube version of the Adrenaline and run it tubless. i had used the 2.0 in the front with a karma 2.0 in the back, but about 2 months ago i switched to 2.2 Adrenaline f/r and i love them i have been in sloppy weather as well as dry and they just do the dam thing!!! I run the 2.2's on my Epic and they roll fast and inspire u to push the limts of ur bike cause they rail feels like i got a extra inch of travel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.