Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... I guess since the 2016 models are starting to come in, we better start one of these!
POST EM UP!

Let's see some pics!

·
Registered
394 Posts
27, 28, 29 and 30 lbs - SW, Expert, Elite, Comp carbon - pick your size and don't forget to include whats in the cargo bay!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just finished yesterday...a "no worries" build that stops fast and flys well.
S-works stumpy size medium: w/ solo pike 140, traverse FATTIE SL, guide ultimates w/180&160mm, next SL cranks, xx1 drivetrain, Easton cockpit: haven stem/havoc DH bar & grips. Butcher control & purgatory control rear w/2 oz of stans. Ht ME01 pedals, SQ LAB 661 saddle.
No swat stuff except chain tool in steer tube.
26 lbs 0 oz.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Stumpy Swork, mediums 27.5 - XX1, Guide Ultimate brakes 8 front - 7 rear, Roval Carbon Fatties set up tubeless , Butcher Front, Slaughter rear, Next SL with 30 tooth, Race Face 35 next 760 bars with Atlas stem, Henge seat, sip xl grips, Command Post, Pike Solo 150, Candie tie pedals with all SWAT stock tools and cage. 26.05 pounds

·
Registered
67 Posts
Expert Carbon, Large. Easton Haven carbon bars, Roval Traverse SL carbon wheelset, Hope F20 flat pedals. Tubeless. Everything else stock. 28.8 pounds with chainbreaker and mini tool, nothing in the swat box.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Stumpy Swork, mediums 27.5 - XX1, Guide Ultimate brakes 8 front - 7 rear, Roval Carbon Fatties set up tubeless , Butcher Front, Slaughter rear, Next SL with 30 tooth, Race Face 35 next 760 bars with Atlas stem, Henge seat, sip xl grips, Command Post, Pike Solo 150, Candie tie pedals with all SWAT stock tools and cage. 26.05 pounds
Did you happen to record just the weight of the S-Work Stumpy frame?

·
J-Flo
1,739 Posts
Large HD3 with full XX1/Guide, Next SL cranks, LEV integra post, Phenom saddle, XT Trail pedals, Ibis 741 wheels and 27.5x2.35 Minion DHF front and rear, 28.0 pounds!

Oops wrong forum.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Any weights and specs out yet on the 2016 Epic line? Looking at the Comp Carbon 2015, tempted to wait with the new bikes coming out in the next month. Wondering if they changed the seat post size.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
S-Works Stumpjumper 650B Small. Tubeless, with pedals (XT) 26.25 pounds. 27 pounds with SWAT tube and C02 accessories. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436168584.177340.jpg

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any weights and specs out yet on the 2016 Epic line? Looking at the Comp Carbon 2015, tempted to wait with the new bikes coming out in the next month. Wondering if they changed the seat post size.
The dealer event is apparently this week. I would wait to pull the trigger if I were you.
You can atleast see what's coming and then make your decision.
My guess is slightly educated, but more 1x11 and more WC models.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The dealer event is apparently this week. I would wait to pull the trigger if I were you.
You can atleast see what's coming and then make your decision.
My guess is slightly educated, but more 1x11 and more WC models.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll fight the temptation and hold out. I really hope they go to a 30.9 or 31.6 size seat post. 27.2 is a little limiting. I will also post weight if I get the 2016.

·
J-Flo
1,739 Posts
I'm curious, why would a larger seat post be better for the Epic? This is intended to be (and is) an excellent cross-country race machine, and slightly narrower seat posts are lighter, I think. The "intended use" of this bike does not contemplate a heavy dropper post.

Maybe it would make sense on the XL frame. For larger guys (6' 4" and above) the seat post on the Epic seems to be too long. It looks ridiculous. And I know one fellow who has warrantied two frames because they cracked due to normal use leverage at the long seat post. Regardless, changing the seat post diameter would require a frame re-design, so I'm not sure how likely it is.

That issue aside, I have to say the Epic is a pretty well-dialed bike right now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm curious, why would a larger seat post be better for the Epic? This is intended to be (and is) an excellent cross-country race machine, and slightly narrower seat posts are lighter, I think. The "intended use" of this bike does not contemplate a heavy dropper post.

Maybe it would make sense on the XL frame. For larger guys (6' 4" and above) the seat post on the Epic seems to be too long. It looks ridiculous. And I know one fellow who has warrantied two frames because they cracked due to normal use leverage at the long seat post. Regardless, changing the seat post diameter would require a frame re-design, so I'm not sure how likely it is.

That issue aside, I have to say the Epic is a pretty well-dialed bike right now.
Truthfully, it will probably not end up being an issue, as I don't plan on running a dropper, I just happen to have one already for 30.9 in case I there was a course that it would help me on. Sorry to highjack the thread.

More on the theme of the thread, I wonder if the FACT 10m carbon will filter its way down to the lower end Epic models.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well it looks like they DID switch to a 30.9 seatpost in the Epics... I'm down with that!

Now if somebody could buy an Epic Carbon Comp and weigh it!! Daddy needs a new bike!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts