Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Weaver said:
that name and logo makes em' so much money. these cranks pretty light? able to take a pounding?
I didn't think they were so bad. $185 for the crankarms and a chainring seemed like a good deal for such good quality cranks. Throw in a decent Sh!tmano BB and you're in it a little over two bones.

Compare that to the price of the outboard XT/XTR and Raceface stuff and it's a bargain, especially after consider you need to buy new chainrings with as well.

·
FIFI!
130 Posts
Rocket Reducer No. 62 said:
I didn't think they were so bad. $185 for the crankarms and a chainring seemed like a good deal for such good quality cranks. Throw in a decent Sh!tmano BB and you're in it a little over two bones.

Compare that to the price of the outboard XT/XTR and Raceface stuff and it's a bargain, especially after consider you need to buy new chainrings with as well.
so are they strong?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Weaver said:
so are they strong?
So far so good! I've put maybe 20 miles on them this week, and haven't noticed any undue flex. For refference they replaced some ISIS Raceface Turbines that were plenty stiff.

I'm not having much luck with anything else being strong, though. In the past 24 hours I've busted a pedal (I broke the SPRING on my eggbeater!), stem, and I may have f'ed up my Jones H-bars. It was all straight up JRA, honest! What a weekend.:(

I swear, I'm just some wuss x-country geezer... But the cranks are nice!

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
very sweet. i just finalized my order to replace the Atlas cranks with the ENO and Phil Wood BB. I figured if I am going SS, I may as well go with ENO and Phil Wood stuff wherever possible. I am very excited.

Cheers

·
King Pin
1,247 Posts
Light and strong!

I have three pair of ENO cranks, all wearing the green.

I run 6'5" and currently 218 lbs. They first set has gone more than a year now, with no worries whatsoever.....I think they are quite light and VERY strong!

Weaver said:
that name and logo makes em' so much money. these cranks pretty light? able to take a pounding?

·
being is
286 Posts
Purdy, what about the new version?

Those things are so pretty. What size BB spindle to match a thread-on freewheel in back? (Surly 1x1 hub)

And does anybody know when the new version w/ the bashring is coming out?

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Gerolf said:
I guess you?re right, thought of that too. Perhaps anybody has them both and can give the ultimate answer.

Gerolf
Perhaps the Hope may work??? though pictures are always tough to compare colors with when they are not in the same shot....but perhaps the King green, or sour green may in fact be a good match. hopefully someone with both will respond.

i just confirmed that mine will be coming in silver since i am going to be a little more boring (in color) on my new build than usual.

cheers

Attachments

·
Custom User Title
35 Posts
Good idea, thanks, I didn´t have the Hope in mind. Don´t really understand, they´re showing a pic of a green one on their page but say it only comes in silver, black, red and blue... :confused:

On the other hand the green King was the first part I was sure to use when I bought my frame and some say one should stick to the first ideas, and it looks better too. I still got some time to think about.

Sorry for OT

Gerolf

G

·
Rocket Reducer No. 62 said:
and I may have f'ed up my Jones H-bars. It was all straight up JRA, honest!
Doesn't Jeff have a 500 pound limit on his bars :D ? HOW did you screw them up?

·
Registered
151 Posts
indigosky said:
Doesn't Jeff have a 500 pound limit on his bars :D ? HOW did you screw them up?
I had a stem crack. It was a cheapy Titec thing, but all I could find with the right amount of length/rise. It cracked along the weld near the clamp. I don't know how to explain it, but I think that may have jacked the bars up. It's certainly nothing Jeff did. There are some slight deformations where the stem clamped to the bars now. I'm going to send them to Jeff to see if they're salvageable.

Not to totally hijack this thread, but I found a huge crack on the side of my old Martin D-18 last night after I posted the last bit about breaking stuff. I honestly have no idea how it happened. This has been a very expensive weekend...

Once again, the cranks are fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.