Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
has training wheels
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not home & trying to figure out what size jump stop I need to for the front sprocket; I don't know what size the tube is. Can anyone help, or point me to something they've used?

...this is my bike, but I've configured as a 1x9. LINK

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
The Jump Stop should be whatever size your front derailleur clamp was, but since that bike didn't use a clamp-on front derailleur you'll have to measure the seat tube yourself. Is the seat tube round in the area across from the top of your middle ring?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
are you talking about the N-Gear jump stop? I would not recommend it on a full suspension bike based on my experience.....it just didn't work for me.....for hard-tails the jump stop works fine....

·
Registered
260 Posts
id have to agree, something like an e13 xcx guide would be better.
love the simple sets for 1x9- I have set these up on a Nomad and an Intense 6.6 and had pretty good results- not great. These types of set ups work best on hard tails or cross bikes- just too many moving parts.

·
has training wheels
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. The E13 XCX looks like what I need. I'll take a look later, but I had the impression that the tube is oval at that point, so I would need a BB-mounted solution like the XCX.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.