Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cheney for Sith Lord '08
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The biggest obstacle keeping me from buying Rockgard'n equipment so far is that no LBS in my area seems to carry them, and I can only buy them online.As a result,I can't try their stuff on before I buy it.In particular,I want a pair of Fate carbon gloves.Now,I've already consulted the manufacturer's sizing chart,and according to it,I'm in between a medium and a large.The chart also states that if you're in-between sizes to go to the lower size.Now I have two problems:
1.ALL of my other gloves are "Large"
2.My paws are kinda wide,and width consideration seems to vary amongst manufacturers
Are there any Rockgard'n Fate owners out there who can give me a clue?I hate buyer's remorse,and hate returning things even more,as do most sentient beings with a detectable pulse.Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
my best suggestion would be to call them. Seriously the owner, Mark, will be better able to help suggest what will work for you than anyone else.

still with regards to other FATE owners, I'm between a large and XL, my hand measures 8" according to the ROCKGARDN diagram, I went with the Large and have no issues even after 2 years of wear & tear.

·
Absurd
919 Posts
Khemical said:
Ask MVRider, He's got a pair of Fate gloves and said he really likes them.
I do indeed! Actually after only 1 month of use and no crashes they started to develop a small hole in the right palm. :( But.....the cool folks over at Rockgardn happily replaced them on warranty for free! Props to their CS!!

BTW-functionally the gloves are super cool. They have the terry cloth bit on the thumbs for sweat/snot, they fit great, are pretty light and have knuckle protection!!

Hey Khemical,
Lets ride sometime! Bert was up at Carlmont on Sunday sans Karpiel, you should come by and ride with us. Me and Morphene Addict are there almost every weekend.

·
Takw/agranofsalt
3,532 Posts
MVRIDER said:
Hey Khemical,
Lets ride sometime! Bert was up at Carlmont on Sunday sans Karpiel, you should come by and ride with us. Me and Morphene Addict are there almost every weekend.
Yeah, I want to make it back up there soon. Last week we rode Pacifica for the first time and it was a lot of fun. You missed last night's San jo urban ride! Next week they are going back to Stanford but I don't think I can make it on a weeknight. :(

·
Absurd
919 Posts
Khemical said:
Yeah, I want to make it back up there soon. Last week we rode Pacifica for the first time and it was a lot of fun. You missed last night's San jo urban ride! Next week they are going back to Stanford but I don't think I can make it on a weeknight. :(
Cool. I think I am going to Pacifica this Sat. with Cornholio. We may hit up Carlmont after though, probably in the late afternoon.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,968 Posts
go with the smaller glove because they stretch...bigger gloves are loose and don't feel right

·
Cheney for Sith Lord '08
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool,thanks for the help guys.I called 'em up yesterday and they told me basically what SMT said.So,medium it is!You may now resume hijacking my thread :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts