Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's also that time of the year. Be careful out there, and be sure to slow down, smile, and say "hi." We need them more than they need us.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Remember that time we had to follow that rattle snake you pissed off into the phragmites? That had me pretty nervous.
Haha! I was so stressed out about that but I couldn't let rockman, you, and the gorilla down. So in we went!

Phragmites, that just sounds like an evil place or some kind of monsters from a fantasy movie.

·
Weakened Warrior
393 Posts
Hit Desert Classic/Helipad after work today, and this guy was sitting at the edge of the trail. He hissed quite loudly, but I never heard his rattle.

IMG_0379_80_81_tonemapped (Large).jpg

IMG_0391 (Large).jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't bike, but I keep a running alert on Google to see when people mention rattlesnakes (I work with and study them), and I have to say that for all of the forum posts that go up about them, I am quite impressed with the attitude around here where it comes to native wildlife. It's a rare thing to only have one "only good snakes a dead snake" comment in something like this :) If anyone has any questions about rattlesnakes, let me know.

·
Dirt, Sweat and Gears
186 Posts
Someone just found a 3.5 foot rattler on the property where I work, just off the frontage road (I-10) in Marana. It's a very high traffic area, but a couple washes/santa cruz river bed are very close, so they come up from time to time. It was rather cool this morning and with this 'monster storm' to be coming in, I found it very odd that the rattler was out at that time this morning. Not to mention 1 live and 1 dead gopher snakes (probably bull snakes, I didn't see them) found within the same hour when they were clearing some brush.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts