Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Full Tilt Boogie
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a nice little bike I found recently. The bike is as it came to me with the exception of the wheels and tires, and the bars/grips. I had lusted after this very bike back in the day at my local shop, (I'm not that old.) It had Spin wheels on it then, I like these better ;) Nice little bike really, that high bb is just wild coming from a 11.75" rigid SS. The bike has a few paint spots from laying around for a long time, but it was never ridden that I know of. It's no Commando, but it's a neat older bike from slim pickings up here in the midwest.

Attachments

·
Full Tilt Boogie
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, I agree. The thing that I think is funny is that this is who I thought I wanted to be... back when I was 11.

The things I look for in bikes has changed a little since then.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Cool bike. I had a friend who had his set up with similar parts- there were these huge piles of coral and sandstone rocks at the university where we studied and we'd go trialsing on them. He had huge tires on his, that bike really brings back memories.
As for lusting for bike as a teen and then getting it as an adult, I know the feeling- I lusted for a Yo for a long time, then got it and had it built 95% period correct. It was a disaster compared to my 03 custom machine.
Thanks for the pics.

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,363 Posts
Man, there it is. The bike that got me to love high BB's. Great pick up, it's in really nice shape too.

You bought it from a shop as "new" or used from someone with more bikes than sense to ride them?

Come on, you wouldn't lust after that with a nice set of sausage choppers on it? Those Spinergys scared the hell out of me then, and now.....

If it proves to be too little of who you are now as a biker, I'd be first in line to help bring you back into equilibrium:p

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Cool :thumbsup:

Looks like the same year and size as mine -- 1995 20"

·
Full Tilt Boogie
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MCS, The story is that the gentleman who owned the shop that this bike was for sale in passed away about 6 years ago. There were other nice bits such as an Klein frameset with Nightstorm paint, other various Klein bars and forks, as well as nice drivetrain parts and wheels hanging around. After he passed away, debt collectors and auctioneers came and got an unknown amount of this stuff.

Fast forward to last spring, and I get a call from his sister, who apparently had a barn full of stuff left over from this shop. She asked if I wanted to come and look through any of it, and that I was welcome to anything I would wish. Naturally my mind raced when I thought of all of the things that could be in said barn. When I arrived out there, this was the only thing of any real value left. I assume that it has not been ridden since it was displayed at the shop all those years ago. I found it wheel less laying in a corner.

From the serial number I do think it's a '95 bike with '96 dropouts. The parts are as they were displayed on the bike save for the wheels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts