Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke to a couple of different guys at All Mt: one told me there was a DH race in Feb the other thought it might not go. Anyone got the word?

Also, as I will be off to Bootleg either way come Feb, do the bigger stunts on the DH trails have roll-arounds? As ever, caution will guide the way, but as I might like a go at a couple of diamonds ...

Thanks

·
biking is fun
2,365 Posts
We went for the first and only time last year. I can't answer your questions about racing but if its your first time be prepared. Its harder than i thought it would be.

I am a pretty solid black diamond and can usually make it down most double blacks. In bootleg even the black diamonds were sketchy in some sections. More because if you go down in one of the rock gardens your day/riding career could be over. they are nasty!!! the sharpest rock i have ridden on and really commiting moves. pretty much all of the upper tech section is do it or walk it. very few obstacles have go arounds.

Be prepared with lots of armour and extra tires/tubes.

The jumps are mainly at the bottom and they all have go arounds. Its a really fun place to go ride. you get your really tech rocky nasty stuff up top and then it dumps you into a giant jump/stunt park.

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
BC doesn't have stunts like you'll see at Whistler, etc; just nasty, natural terrain. There are some jumps on trail but most are dropoff type situations (not gaps) so you can decide if you're feeling up for it. The big jumps and stunts are in the lower section of the park and those can be pretty intimidating but they aren't mandatory. The biggest thing to watch out for are the crazy steep sections (just ask about the elevator shaft :eekster:).

·
MyBikeStand.com
331 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.