Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought you guys might like to see my latest build. We bought a Raiju 20" for our 6 yr old, but quickly caught the upgrade bug. It's a decent bike from the factory, but has difficult-to-pull mechanical brakes that always seemed to drag a bit. First upgrade was Shimano MT200 hydraulic brakes (levers long, but adjustable so good enough for a kid bike). Then we just kept going.

Unfortunately our son broke his leg before we got it done, so he hasn't had a chance to ride it yet. Hopefully in a month or so.

Now it's a seriously cool bike! Looks like a mini Enduro

Bike: Spawn Raiju 20"
Rim: Sunringle Duroc 30 20"
Tires: Vee Flow Snap 20x2.4 Skinwall set up tubeless
Fork: Manitou J-Unit 20" Air
Headset: External cup lower to adapt the straight head tube to a tapered steerer
Brakes: Shimano MT200 Hydraulic

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I imagine their Yama Jama is a bit lighter with the smaller tires, narrower rims and shorter travel fork. But this certainly is a cool setup.

It was pretty tough to find a 20" rim that was as wide as I was looking for and could be set up tubeless. Glad companies are starting to make great components for kids bikes!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.