Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are people using? (Dual USB out, ideally)
There are obviously different options at different price points, just looking to be able to keep my phone/headphones powered up for 10 hours or so.
Thanks!

·
since 4/10/2009
34,337 Posts
What are people using? (Dual USB out, ideally)
There are obviously different options at different price points, just looking to be able to keep my phone/headphones powered up for 10 hours or so.
Thanks!
I bought a huge Anker a year or so ago. It has dual USB out. I think it's something like a 20,000 mAh battery or so. Specs say it'll charge a big phone from empty around 5 times. I bought it for a Disney trip with friends. We were using our phones VERY heavily with the Disney app to manage fast passes and navigate the park and whatnot and I kept 3 phones up all day with it, with juice to spare at the end of the day, when I'd top it up for the next day.

Since then, I've used it camping. Both my wife and I have used it for work when we didn't have ready access to other power supplies for extended periods.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
A local Shopko was going out of business and they had several power packs by a company called Pocket Juice. I bought several since they were cheap at 70% off. They make great gifts.

They actually are really nice. I have a 10,000mAh one that can be charged with an Apple Lightning cable as well as MicroUSB, so you don't have to carry two cables if you are an iPhone user. It has two USB outs, and a digital display showing the state of charge.

I bought a 6000mAh one that has a rubberized rugged case and a built in LED flashlight that should be great for camping.

They also make one that has the charger built in - the 110V prongs fold into the back of the power pack.

It looks like they make dozens of models. You can find them at Best Buy and Amazon.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I don't think the brand matters much. I look for low price and good reviews, and most recently got a 10k Anker unit that seems about as okay as my other one.

Two charge cords is key for getting the most out of your resupply stops. Don't forget the AC outlet adapters.

·
saddlemeat
3,873 Posts
I have a Chinese blue 20,000 mah unit that has served me well for 4 years now. I use it constantly, but it's perfect for multi-day bikepacking trips. Charges my phone, camera, bike head light, and runs a small camp light, for more than a week easily. Cost $30.

·
Registered
89 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.