Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sinister Bandwagon
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have experience with the Spank Subrosa 26" 32h Neon Green rims, I any considering getting some since they would match my bike oh so well and I could get some profile hubs in purple to match them and my bike:thumbsup:.

Some Questions:
How do they hold up on dirtjumps, park, street?
Do they dent easily?
Does the paint ware off easy/fast?
Do they flatspot/bent easier then other rims (721/pimplite)
Would you recommend other rims instead of these and why?

·
To "Air" Is Human
744 Posts
Some Questions:
Very good! The Tweet Tweet is the same rim as the older Subrosa. It has been abused by Cody and me and we have been stoked with it. One of our friends rides with white Subrosa's, been a great rim. These same rims have held up awesome on some of the bikes in BTI/Commencal's demo fleet.
Do they dent easily?
No, they are very stiff. The sidewall was reduced for the new Subrosa EVO..making for a stronger shape. I would really recommend using the newer EVO if you can wait. The new Evo's will be in the same green as the older Subrosa. Chicks dig the green.
The white ones that we have ridden for year look great...it is a standard powdercoat for the green. :thumbsup:

·
Sinister Bandwagon
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Agency said:
Some Questions:
Very good! The Tweet Tweet is the same rim as the older Subrosa. It has been abused by Cody and me and we have been stoked with it. One of our friends rides with white Subrosa's, been a great rim. These same rims have held up awesome on some of the bikes in BTI/Commencal's demo fleet.
Do they dent easily?
No, they are very stiff. The sidewall was reduced for the new Subrosa EVO..making for a stronger shape. I would really recommend using the newer EVO if you can wait. The new Evo's will be in the same green as the older Subrosa. Chicks dig the green.
The white ones that we have ridden for year look great...it is a standard powdercoat for the green. :thumbsup:
Sorry I'm a little lost on the SPANK website they only have the subrosa and the wheel set, I only want the rims. And the tweet tweet doesn't ring a bell on the site.

But what I think you are saying is the the tweet tweet an subrosa will both be out in 09, and the tweet tweet are taking the place of the subrosa geo and the subrosa are getting better made? So the 08' subrosa's I can get are great but if I waited I could get the 09' subrosa in the same colors but be even better.....any idea how much a 09' 26" 32h Subrosa sells for can't find any USD priced spank's on the internet. Thanks

Also are there any rims made by other companies that come in green or purple that you know of?

·
Registered
95 Posts
THE 09 PRODUCTS HAVENT BEEN ADDED TO THEIR SITE AND LET ME TELL YOU THE 09 STUFF LOOKS SICK. IF U WANT THE GREEN WHEELS U SHOULD PROBABLY GET THEM ASAP BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.sorry bout the caps

·
Sinister Bandwagon
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
norcaldj said:
THE 09 PRODUCTS HAVENT BEEN ADDED TO THEIR SITE AND LET ME TELL YOU THE 09 STUFF LOOKS SICK. IF U WANT THE GREEN WHEELS U SHOULD PROBABLY GET THEM ASAP BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.sorry bout the caps
so get the 08' ones I found for $100 a pair brand new?

is there no green in 09' :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.