Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
StraightOuttaCompton
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my Five-0, the rims aren't very strong. they are some xc off brand rims so i want some new ones that will hold up. I was looking at the spank subrosa for some fr, light dh and am. what do you guys think about them?? Any other rim/wheelset combos to look at in that price range??

·
Registered
104 Posts
The U-18 Finnish downhill champion rode subrosas the whole 2008 season and they worked fine. Just a few small buckels on the rear rim during the whole season. He used from 1 to 1.5 bar both front and rear depending on the track.

·
To "Air" Is Human
744 Posts
Subrosa's would be great on a Five-O. Some FYI...The new Subrosa has changed a little. The new Subrosa Evo is lighter (A little) and is 1mm shorter in the sidewall which makes it stiffer and tougher. The old Subrosa is now called the Tweet Tweet.

09 Subrosa Evo

08 Subrosa

09 Tweet Tweet

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
The Agency said:
Subrosa's would be great on a Five-O. Some FYI...The new Subrosa has changed a little. The new Subrosa Evo is lighter (A little) and is 1mm shorter in the sidewall which makes it stiffer and tougher. The old Subrosa is now called the Tweet Tweet.
Hey, do you work for/with Spank? I've had really good experiences using Spank products(Lounge bars, Grips, Timer stem, Subrosas) and will continue to do so for a while... It really wouldn't hurt if the website was updated and more product info was available to the general public though. I'm really happy with my Subrosas. I've had more than enough tweaked landings where the rear wasn't straight and I've still rolled away and not had to true them. I've been running them for close to a year now. I'm now trying to get my local dealer to bring in a pair of the gold Royalas for me. :thumbsup:

·
To "Air" Is Human
744 Posts
juanbeegas said:
Hey, do you work for/with Spank? I've had really good experiences using Spank products(Lounge bars, Grips, Timer stem, Subrosas) and will continue to do so for a while... It really wouldn't hurt if the website was updated and more product info was available to the general public though. I'm really happy with my Subrosas. I've had more than enough tweaked landings where the rear wasn't straight and I've still rolled away and not had to true them. I've been running them for close to a year now. I'm now trying to get my local dealer to bring in a pair of the gold Royalas for me. :thumbsup:
Yes. I agree on the website but don't have control over it. Please send me input on what you would like to see. The new catalog is eons ahead of the old one. I would like to see the Flash on the site go bye-bye. Cody (SpankUSA on this forum and others) and me will be trying to better support riders here in the US.

If you liked the old stuff, wait till you see the new stuff. The Spike series of rims, stem, and bars are dope!

If your dealer has an issue getting those Royalas in, PM me. There are 13 left at BTI right now and than you will have to wait for the Subrosa EVO to come out.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I have the green Subrosas waiting to be built this winter. They are going to be my AM/FR wheels paired with Hope Pro II hubs. I can't believe they are already coming out with new rims, argh!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
The Agency said:
Yes. I agree on the website but don't have control over it. Please send me input on what you would like to see.

If you liked the old stuff, wait till you see the new stuff. The Spike series of rims, stem, and bars are dope!
Yes, that's exactly what I'd love to see on the site, the new stuff available to me. The Royala series has been out for some time now and all I see on the site are the same old stuff. Unless you guys have a different website where I could look over an updated catalogue?

The Agency said:
If your dealer has an issue getting those Royalas in, PM me. There are 13 left at BTI right now and than you will have to wait for the Subrosa EVO to come out.
I'm not in America. Thanks for the offer though.

·
To "Air" Is Human
744 Posts
juanbeegas said:
Yes, that's exactly what I'd love to see on the site, the new stuff available to me. The Royala series has been out for some time now and all I see on the site are the same old stuff. Unless you guys have a different website where I could look over an updated catalogue...
This should work for you...https://www.bti-usa.com/public/manufacturer/SP

·
Registered
652 Posts
How well do they work for tubeless ? I cant decide, the colors look nice. Would they be stronger since they are heavier than the 819? Perhaps between the 819 and the 823? Going on Hope hubs. Going tubeless for the first time and dont want to burp, i dont have great luck with work arounds ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.