Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahem. And yes, I fully intend to take out an add in the crassifieds.

2003 Rocky Mountain Flow frame, seatpost, and seat clamp QR. it's on E-bay now, but I'd end it early if a local wants it, and offers enough........help a brother out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3693176219&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

oh yeah, and these too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3693238222&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

because I just bought this....... A Peyto Wild Bill frame. and it should be arriving at about the same time as my newly re-steerer tubed Z-1 from marzocchi! yum! rear tire clearance for up to 2.6. disc only. true temper platinum oxII front, columbus rear, nicely gussetted. a z-150 for christmas maybe????

the sale stuff is financing the new frame.

Attachments

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
scrublover said:
Ahem. And yes, I fully intend to take out an add in the crassifieds.

2003 Rocky Mountain Flow frame, seatpost, and seat clamp QR. it's on E-bay now, but I'd end it early if a local wants it, and offers enough........help a brother out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3693176219&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

oh yeah, and these too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3693238222&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

because I just bought this....... A Peyto Wild Bill frame. and it should be arriving at about the same time as my newly re-steerer tubed Z-1 from marzocchi! yum! rear tire clearance for up to 2.6. disc only. true temper platinum oxII front, columbus rear, nicely gussetted. a z-150 for christmas maybe????

the sale stuff is financing the new frame.
Intentions aside, you shouldn't be posting ebay adverts here. Just MTBR ones!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I'm sending my shorts over to your house to be washed. Messiness aside, nice new ride, and I hope you're one day crazy enough to break that, too!

We (Naia & Jim & I) tackled Sourdough for the first time since our fated May adventure yesterday, from the reseach station around Wapiti and out through Camp Dick. You should'a comed along. Ran into DSR (and friends) too, who was crazy enough to dive into all that rockiness on his rigid SS. Later this week? I'm off Wednesday thru Leadville, and Naia and I are trying to put together some longish (NOT another 6 hr Sourdough foray) rides (if we don't get out the packs and hike it...).

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
kitchenware said:
And that's why our mod needs to be LOCAL and have a presence on the board.

And BTW, that steel frame looks very very cool!
Looks like a cool bike!!!

BTW KW, I agree we need local mods, we should elect one who is a usual here on the CO forum and lives in CO.

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
kitchenware said:
And that's why our mod needs to be LOCAL and have a presence on the board.

And BTW, that steel frame looks very very cool!
WTF? Local or not thats the rules.

Panties not in a knot.

Note also: The post was never getting removed becuase I noted it was a regular but the general rule of thumb, MTBR ad or not ebay ads dont get posted.

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Trevor! said:

Panties not in a knot.

Note also: The post was never getting removed becuase I noted it was a regular but the general rule of thumb, MTBR ad or not ebay ads dont get posted.
Dude, did you read his post at all? Or did you just want to flex?

"Ahem. And yes, I fully intend to take out an add in the crassifieds."

I'm WELL aware of the 'posting things for sale' rules and can often be found trying to enforce them. But I usually refrain until I see that they're not posting in the mtbr classifieds. Looks like you jumped the gun.

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trevor! said:

Panties not in a knot.

I beg to differ. Large knot; I can see it from here.

Relax. Have you ever noticed just how many post have links to other ads in them? Gee, 'cause, ya know, there is never any SPAM over on the save some weight weenies board. (tongue in cheek comment for ya' there.)

I put the post here, so locals could either get first crack at the auction, or e-mail me and buy it direct from the MTBR ad/site. The site is getting their fiew bucks (more like $5 for the ad I used) so why are you complaining.

Oh gosh; I broke a very arbitrary "rule". Guess that's going on my permanent record........

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
I am surprised that people have got so shitty about this.

First, I appreciate you're all good locals, and know the rules etc, but as a general rule of thumb, it is fine to post SPAM adds if they include MTBR posts, but not ebay links. I was well aware that the intention was to purchase a MTBR advert, and I am not questioning that, nor am I jumping the gun or flexing, just informing.

My first post was simple, not a smart ass one at all, so we can leave it at that or you can go on and on about it.

Pants de-knotted.

·
2,818 Posts
I don't mind moderating this board (I do 29"er currently too).

Oh yea, i'm local too (Fort Collins.) As you can tell from my post count, I have a more laid-back approach to discussion board moderation....

·
trail waggler
1,425 Posts
Thanks...

To the volunteer moderators, I appreciate the job that they do (often a thankless job). I'm sure that it isn't easy to walk such a fine line between promoting and policing. ;)

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
daveM said:
To the volunteer moderators, I appreciate the job that they do (often a thankless job). I'm sure that it isn't easy to walk such a fine line between promoting and policing. ;)
Thanks for the Kind words, I think most of the moderators like helping out, as I do, becuase MTBR is such a great place to begin with and its nice to give something back..

I try never to police, just remove crap if it gets posted and give friendly reminders and continue on posting pics, talking trails and riding, even when people go a little overboard over little friendly reminders. :)

·
No Titus anymore...
334 Posts
2melow said:
I don't mind moderating this board (I do 29"er currently too).

Oh yea, i'm local too (Fort Collins.) As you can tell from my post count, I have a more laid-back approach to discussion board moderation....
Vote for me. I'll rule you all with the iron fist you so desperatley crave and need.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.